PDA

View Full Version : Box Idea Bounce

BoxMASTER
01-14-2003, 05:59 PM
I need some idea for a good sub-box plan. I am gonna build one for my friend, he is getting 2 12' 1500watt Eclipse subwoofers. He wants it to have some fiber glass in the front with some design on it. Also he wants some lights built in to. If you have any ideas that you would want to give me, or just brainstorm with me.

Build it, Floss it, Race it, Wear It, Spin it, Film it, bring it.- High Velocity Street Racing.

evo2k3
01-14-2003, 08:51 PM
You should probably pm BoxMASTER....oh wait you ARE BoxMASTER....lol

Anyways 2 eclipses, hmmmmm regular rectangle, 1.5-2 cu ft per sub (3 - 4 cu) total with individual chambers. If you have more space go bigger, and of course port it :)

BoxMASTER
01-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Yea i know how much space i will be needing to make to make this box. But he wants to put in some fiber glass in the front to enhacne the sub look, will that cut the bass down?? Is it a good idea to put both subs in the same box, or is it better to give them or space and put them in differetn boxes??

Build it, Floss it, Race it, Wear It, Spin it, Film it, bring it.- High Velocity Street Racing.

evo2k3
01-16-2003, 12:06 AM
one box divided into 2 chambers....as for the glass...it reall has no effect on the sound, but if neither of you have worked with it before, its hard as hell to finish it for painting....if its your first attempt, the glass is probably not going to enhance (unless you happen to be really good at it). trust me, i speak from expierence. :)

Swabbo32
01-20-2003, 07:41 PM
My dad is really good with that kinda ****, he works with wood and **** all the time. thankz for the advice