PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner / Indash TV questions..?

NOIRtist
01-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Now im just curious...

I'm assuming that a TV tuner can only pick up local channels. Which to me seems nearly useless unless you have an extra 300 burning a hole in your pocket. But can it pick up HD channels as well? That would allow you to watch a football game when you're away from the house... which would be great. Or .. is there an alternative to the basic TV tuner? (other than those huge limo satellite toppers ive seen) :D

I've got it all in mind of the avic-z1. If that matters. :naughty:

Cali_Ace
01-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Nah you cant get HD without the big satellite toppers. I got a XOvision for about 90 bucks & works great. It sure comes in handy on sundays when I'm at my kids soccer games. I have avic-d2 but if you want to use the touch screen for the controls I you have to get pioneer tv tuner($350) but found one for about $140 that has the right plug in the back. Late

robinsmith
02-09-2007, 03:32 AM
Maybe this one can help you get digital video?

Mobile DVB-T digital TV receiver,4:3,4:3 Full,16:9,16:9 Wide
With professional mobile DVB-T LSI,the unit can make a good receiving at 250km/h maximum speed

You can view this link:http://www.resunshop.com/ProductDescription.aspx?productId=105

Hope it can be helpful to you,Thanks

c_hayhurst
02-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Nah you cant get HD without the big satellite toppers. I got a XOvision for about 90 bucks & works great. It sure comes in handy on sundays when I'm at my kids soccer games. I have avic-d2 but if you want to use the touch screen for the controls I you have to get pioneer tv tuner($350) but found one for about $140 that has the right plug in the back. Late

Wait...

I'm confused...

Why are you watching television when you should be watching your kids, instead?

Bolognablake
02-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Just a thought, but the FCC has set the cut-off date for analog broadcasts at 2/17/09. I know it's a ways off, and it's been pushed back before, but it's something to keep in mind before shelling out a couple hundred bucks for a tuner.