PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord Brakes

lvfive.o
12-31-2006, 09:20 PM
The rotors are warped on the car and I tried to replace them a few months ago and I could not remove the nut that holds them on no matter what I tried. We took the car to braketeam and those scam artists said they were able to resurface the rotors and big surprise 2 weeks later the car starts shaking again while stopping.

Any ideas?

supa_c
12-31-2006, 09:28 PM
what year and does it pull to one side ?

lvfive.o
12-31-2006, 09:46 PM
94 and it pulls to the right not too bad but it does

supa_c
12-31-2006, 09:52 PM
funny...
my mom has a 94, cracked right rotor, really "shimmies" when you pounce on the brakes.

Lunchbocks
01-01-2007, 06:04 PM
I'd recommend giving the rotors a good visual inspection for any kind of damage. If theres any kind of cracks or warping again I'd take it back to the shop and blame them. Do you have any pedal pulsation when stopping? If so, that pretty much limits it to brake componentry... but if its only a wobble/shaking type of a feeling there is also the possibility that you have some loose suspension/steering equipment, another area you might want to inspect just for ease of mind.

killahbean
01-03-2007, 11:19 AM
The rotors are warped on the car and I tried to replace them a few months ago and I could not remove the nut that holds them on no matter what I tried. We took the car to braketeam and those scam artists said they were able to resurface the rotors and big surprise 2 weeks later the car starts shaking again while stopping.

Any ideas?

u mean the four philips screws on the rotor?

BoomBoomBoy
01-15-2007, 09:56 PM
The rotors are warped on the car and I tried to replace them a few months ago and I could not remove the nut that holds them on no matter what I tried.

You need to put a 48" pipe over the ratchet handle as a breaker bar and crank it.

Unless you have an air ratchet or impact.

reneeb7363
01-16-2007, 12:29 AM
You need to put a 48" pipe over the ratchet handle as a breaker bar and crank it.

Unless you have an air ratchet or impact.

werd...... soak the hell out of it with wd40 or other penetrating oil... nasty buggers