PDA

View Full Version : Onkyo TX-sv525

Frankensuby
12-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Ok, I have had this unit in my closet for about 6 months. I got it for free and now I want to buy 4 speakers and a subwoofer for this unit.

The problem is, I cannot find ANY info regarding this unit. I chanced a forum that said it could handle 8 ohm and 6 ohm drivers. I tried to download the PDF for the manual but it isn't working.

If anyone could find a link for me that works that would be great.

Once I figure out what the unit can handle speaker wise, I'll start shopping.

azimuth
12-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Ok, I have had this unit in my closet for about 6 months. I got it for free and now I want to buy 4 speakers and a subwoofer for this unit.

The problem is, I cannot find ANY info regarding this unit. I chanced a forum that said it could handle 8 ohm and 6 ohm drivers. I tried to download the PDF for the manual but it isn't working.

If anyone could find a link for me that works that would be great.

Once I figure out what the unit can handle speaker wise, I'll start shopping.

i used to have an onkyo and it handled 6 ohms fine. i haven't had it in a while but i think i remember the tower speakers being 8 and the surrounds being 6. i would think that the receiver itself could handle 6 all the way around.

Frankensuby
12-31-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm more worried about the power I will need, because once I can find RMS on the speaker CHANNELS, I can start shopping for speakers based on thermal handlinf of speakers, and then start being frugal with quality vs. cost.

Frankensuby
12-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Stereo Mode
80W per channel min. RMS at 8 ohms, both channels driven, from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz, with no more than 0.08% total harmonic distortion.
Continuous power output: 2 x 100 W @ 8 ohms
Surround mode and Multi source mode
Front L/R and center channels: 60W x 3 @ 8 ohms
Rear channels: 20W x 2 @ 8 ohms
Remote channels (MULTISOURCE / MULTIROOM CAPABILITY!!!): 60W x 2 @ 8 ohms
Subwoofer pre out
2 Audio Inputs, 2 Audio Input/Outputs, 1 Audio/Video Input, 2 Audio/Video Input/Outputs
DSP - Digital Soundfield Processor: Dolby Pro-Logic, Stereo, 4 Soundfields (Theater, Hall, Live, Arena)
Program up to 30 preset AM or FM station

Found it. Looks like finding speakers are going to be...interesting. Sure isn't car audio.

Anyone have suggestion for a cheaper quality speaker brand and woofer?

Frankensuby
01-01-2007, 11:44 PM
I think I'm going to go ahead and get this system. The parents aren't big on audio, atleast it's something and it's got the sub :)

http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1652887