PDA

View Full Version : Head unit issue: simple question

psych0ticnemes1
12-31-2006, 11:02 AM
I have a pioneer DEH6800mp from cardomain (purchased in july/august time frame) It has worked fine ever since, until this past week. All of the sudden, when driving and playing music, the display will randomly go blank and i will lose control of the volume etc, BUT THE MUSIC STILL PLAYS... It is completely random and has only happened twice. I have to turn the car off and back on to get it to work correctly again. I don't think it is over-heating but i am running my fronts off of it. It never happened when i ran my fronts off of an amp.

Also, my right speaker cuts in and out every now and then as well but i think that is the wire itself, not the deck (because it happened with my last deck as well)

If it was a loose connection, wouldn't it have caused a problem before now? Is this a common issue with this model from pioneer?

Thanks

Frankensuby
12-31-2006, 05:16 PM
I have the same unit. I have 0 issues after nearly a year.

I would say disconnect the faceplate, and clean any form of contact the unit has with a moist cloth, but make sure not to damage anything and thoroughly dry it before replacing the faceplate.

That is the only thing I can think of it being.

psych0ticnemes1
01-01-2007, 10:22 AM
alright, thank you.

whitemax
01-01-2007, 11:05 AM
My older Kenwood unit was acting the same way. I ended up doing what Frakensuby mentioned and it solved the problem. I cleaned the contacts with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.

05fronty
01-01-2007, 11:12 AM
speaker issue sounds like wire or terminal hitting metal and grounding out. check wire and make sure it is not bare anywhere. hu clean connections on faceplate.

psych0ticnemes1
01-01-2007, 05:26 PM
thanks guys. I think you're right. I appreciate the responses.