PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice...New Problem And Not Sure How To Fix!

dewitt88
12-30-2006, 11:10 PM
I got a DEH7700MP and I notice when I slow down (Alt. quits putting out) My volume drops...When I speed up (Alt Starts putting out) volume rises. Is there a simple fix. I know the voltage is dropping but not sure what to do? Any suggestions?

dewitt88
12-30-2006, 11:58 PM
^^^^^^^

dinty01
12-31-2006, 12:08 AM
why does the alt stop having output? that would be first on the list, maybe its bad or the internal regulator is shot, do you have any relays? maybe one of those are bad, but it doesnt make sense . . . .

dewitt88
12-31-2006, 12:58 AM
Well you know a Alt does not continuesly charge. It only charges once it hits a certain rpm. At a dead stop it is not producing, so therefore my volume drops. Alt is good it has been tested.

dinty01
12-31-2006, 01:54 AM
yea, it was just the way i interpreted your post, i thought you meant it wasn't producing at all when you were at lower rpms, i mean it wont have peak output until xxx rpms but it will have some output at idle, but barely enough to sustain a few amps and provide power to your lights, heater/ac etc, i'm wondering if it could be an issue with your rca's, are the rcas and the power and or ground wires close together or touching? i had a problem similar to yours and i need to run my rcas and remote turn on lead down one side of my truck cab and the power down the other side. i don't know if that could be a ground related issue, maybe there is something internally wrong with your amp? sorry if it seems like im just thinking of questions to ask you, i used to do some installation PT for a local car audio shop but it closed about a year and a half ago, so i have an idea of where to look when troubleshooting electrical things but im not the most knowledgeable, hope it helps--Dinty

young_gun
12-31-2006, 01:58 AM
Just skimmed this thread, but, does that deck have a *dam whats that feature* asl volume adjust or something? I know some pioneers have that feature where they adjust your volume according to the speed or something. Some new cars have that factory, see if your deck has that and turn it off.

dewitt88
12-31-2006, 02:00 AM
I have the book...I will check...Thanks for all the input guys. This has me baffled. Will let yall know what I find.

(This deck never done this until recently)

dewitt88
12-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Up...Should I put a dmm on my batt?

xBLACKTOOTHx
01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
i have that HU too, and it does have ASL. maybe it got turned on somehow, but that's exactly what it does - get louder as you speed up and get softer as you slow down.

i think you have to turn the unit off, then press and hold the main knob in, the the feature is in that menu.

disturbed_cbr
01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Im goin with young gun and blacktooth on this one....ASL and its not worth a **** who wants it to turn down i want mine loud all the time turn it off it should fix your problem.....