PDA

View Full Version : AudioQue HD315 Enclosure Idea...?

Djpac
12-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Hello,

I want to build a 6Th Order Bandpass Enclosure for my subwoofer. I want to get into competitions, and from what i hear, this is what will give me the best output. and i need some help with it...

subwoofer: 1 HD315
Amplifier: SoundStream PCA1500D
Car: 1992 Pontiac Grand Am SE V6 3.3L

right now i have this.. from using WinISD..

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/djpac/Clipboard01-3.jpg

does that look good? or correct as far as using WinISD goes? and i will add the needed volume for the ports when it comes time for the build. this is basically just temp., i may end up changing the dimensions later as i get closer to actually building the enclosure, and see if i can get some more space. because i dont know what the exact depth is, and i can have my enclosure taller as soon as i get into the cabin part of the car... so it will look sort of like a 'L'

i got about 11^3ft to of space in my trunk and the enclosure is going to be halfway in the trunk and in the cab... im going to take out the rear seats...and proabably cut the rear deck off.

i want to get into competitions. so... all i got to do know is take into consideration the displacement of the port ports and of the subwoofer and calculate that into the enclosure size and design... So i know it will be quite hard to build and what not. but would it be louder then a ported enclosure? i want to get the loudest i can, and actually stand a chance... difficulty doesnt affect me, it will just make it more fun. Plus i dont see that many people with the 6th order bp, so it will be unique in its own way...

am i forgetting anything???

and how do i find out the resonant frequency of my car? or does any one know it?

Thanks for the help.. :)

skmfkr
12-29-2006, 12:04 AM
why not a pca 2000d

Djpac
12-29-2006, 12:14 AM
because i already own the PCA1500D and the HD315... i had the subwoofer and amp since August... and had it in a 4.55^3ft slot ported enclosure... (with displacements) tuned to 40Hz.. its in my trunk... and i want my new one to be in the cabin with the rear seat removed, and the trunk im going to turn it into a big amp rack for my amps...

my current enclosure:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c353/djpac/Audio/djpac-p1.jpg

SPL140.2
12-29-2006, 01:20 AM
in my opinnion stay ported ;)

Djpac
12-29-2006, 01:28 AM
in my opinnion stay ported ;)

thats what i been hearing...

Goldtaz1
12-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I agree. Stay ported and add some more power if you can.