PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a saw setup

ultimate157
12-29-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm trying to figure out a way to setup a type of saw so that I would not have to move the MDF I am cutting. I really like the way home depot has theirs setup, with a circular saw on bars.

Making it so I would move the saw instead of the MDF would allow me to make near perfect cuts. I **** at keeping the MDF square against the fence when using our table saw, especially when using larger sheets.

Moe Lester
12-29-2006, 12:43 AM
What kind of saw/fence do you have?

You may want to look into getting a nice fence setup to replace the current one on your saw if you dont have a good one already If youve got a longer fence you can generally hold the wood against it better when starting and finishing your cut. Check out the Beisemeyer fence http://www.biesemeyer.com/home_fence/index.htm

ultimate157
12-29-2006, 01:02 AM
Just a regular skilsaw tablesaw with the clamp down fence that came with it. That wide fence looks great.

budahbuddy803
12-29-2006, 01:08 AM
sorry to thread jack, but i just got a ryobi 10" table saw. The "fence" is kind of small and i havnt tried any cuts on it yet, but are you saying it will be difficult to get a good cut using this small area that i have?

Moe Lester
12-29-2006, 10:32 AM
sorry to thread jack, but i just got a ryobi 10" table saw. The "fence" is kind of small and i havnt tried any cuts on it yet, but are you saying it will be difficult to get a good cut using this small area that i have?

on smaller pieces it wont be too bad, but try cutting a full sheet of 3/4" MDF on it and you will probably have some trouble with it. I use a Biesemeyer fence every day on a delta unisaw and i dont have any problems cutting an entire sheet of 1" MDF by myself.

krouchchocolate
12-29-2006, 02:17 PM
on smaller pieces it wont be too bad, but try cutting a full sheet of 3/4" MDF on it and you will probably have some trouble with it. I use a Biesemeyer fence every day on a delta unisaw and i dont have any problems cutting an entire sheet of 1" MDF by myself.

hey brad how much was that?

msujeepaholic
12-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I have exactly what moe lester uses, same saw and fence and it works beautifully!

baseballer1100
12-29-2006, 05:21 PM
The beisemeyer isnt cheap though. Thats what im saving up for currently.