PDA

View Full Version : would this be an upgrade or a downgrade?

morgan
12-27-2006, 08:38 PM
I am running a 2 way active system and right now I am using my coaxial infinity kappa 6 1/2 inch speakers as my midbass and well as a whole the system sounds alright I guess but I want to get some dedicated mid bass drivers no more than 7 inches, that handle everything upto like 2khz. Would getting these be an upgrade http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-374 ? they are really cheap and I am worried that they might not be as good since techincally the kappas were more, but I guess I should judge it by its price. You guys have any other recommendations?

supa_c
12-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Most definetly an upgrade

Hintzyboy
12-27-2006, 09:47 PM
The dayton fers are very nice. Might check into the Ascendant Audio Poly mid too. Only $35 apiece, and very nice sound.

req
12-27-2006, 09:50 PM
it would be an upgrade only if you list what other equipment you will be mating it with. the mid can PLAY up to 2khz, but might not be very good all the way up there, and your tweeter might need a crossover point around 4khz. and will your crossover support those frequencies? you might need a midrange in between to fill the gap.

morgan
12-27-2006, 11:46 PM
my other equipment include the seas lotus 27f tweeter jl 300/4 amp, drz9255 headunit. I wouldn't mind getting a midrange, however I don't want to mess with air space and all that so if I had to get a midrange I would want one of those metal dome or whatever they are like the one that comes in the morel elate 3 way kit.