PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse I-Pod Controls

csufman
12-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I saw on ebay this adapter to hook up your I-Pod (MP# player) to your eclipse HU through the cd changer input. Has anybody else used this? I was going to buy a new deck, but if this works, I will buy an I-pod instead.

jmanpc
12-27-2006, 04:31 PM
which deck?? some eclipse units' ipod controls **** hard, and others arent bad.

csufman
12-27-2006, 04:37 PM
It's the this one (I got it a few years ago):

Features of Eclipse 55430 Head Unit

ECLIPSE COMMANDER Ready
ESN (ECLIPSE Security Network)
Equalizer/DSP Sound Processor Control
CD Changer Control with Daisy Chain
Integrated Optics Pick-Up Unit
Digital Servo System (DSS)
CD Text-Ready
ECLIPSE STARTUNER V
24 Station Presets (18FM/6AM) & Preset Scan
High-Voltage (5V) & Low-Impedance (55) Output
3 Pairs of RCA Pre-Amp Outputs
Whole/Partial/None Display Selector
Independent Bass/Mid/Treble Memory for Each Source
Non-Fading RCA Pre-Out Terminals for Subwoofer
2-Channel Selectable (IN/OUT) RCA Terminals for DSP Loop
13W x 4 (20-20,000Hz, 0.8% THD, 4)
Cellular Telephone Mute
NOB Rotary Volume Encoder
High-Visibility VF Display
Tilting Front Panel
ECLIPSE LAN Advanced Data Link System

expo5.0
12-27-2006, 04:40 PM
just run ipod in through regular aux and use the controls on the ipod

jmanpc
12-27-2006, 04:40 PM
just run ipod in through regular aux and use the controls on the ipod

x2... i havent used that deck, but i bet it would be easier to just use the aux in.

Spud2388
12-27-2006, 04:41 PM
With that, I dont think you will be able to control the ipod with the HU, instead the HU will play what you select on the ipod. That is the best way to get optimum sound quality from your ipod, but you will still have to control the ipod from the ipod, not the HU. I went that route for a while (with Alpine instead), and it wasnt that bad once you get use to the ipod. I Used that cable, only for Alpine instead, and then a rca to ipod dock-port cable to connect with the line-out on the ipod (30g video). Sounded great and i controlled the volume with the HU so the gains would stay correct, and selected the songs on the ipod.

csufman
12-27-2006, 05:10 PM
I don't need to control the ipod through the deck, I just want to be able to play an ipod in my car. CD's are skipping bad and I can't play music I download through I-Tunes. I didn't think this model had an aux input, that is why I was looking at this adapter to hook up to the changer port.

Spud2388
12-27-2006, 06:00 PM
I don't need to control the ipod through the deck, I just want to be able to play an ipod in my car. CD's are skipping bad and I can't play music I download through I-Tunes. I didn't think this model had an aux input, that is why I was looking at this adapter to hook up to the changer port.

yea, then youll be set with that. Your ipod will act like a cd changer. I would suggest hooking up to the ipod dock port instead of using the mini jack, if you have it. The dock port allows for a line out signal, which doesnt effect the volume. So, you will control the songs, etc. from the ipod and the volume from the HU.

csufman
12-27-2006, 06:24 PM
Do they sell any of these adapters at Best Buy or Radio Shack? Also, is there a cable that goes from the dock port to RCA's? I do not have an ipod yet, but if I can get it to work with my current deck, I will go out today and get one.

Fran82
02-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Any luck with this? I'm trying to get my iPod to work with my old Eclipse 5341R. I bought a cable that connects an iPod to the CD Changer port, but the radio still doesn't recognize anything being connected as a changer.

csufman
02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
No, it doesn't work with the older decks. I even called Eclipse and that is what they told me. They really should put the models that it will work with on the packaging.