PDA

View Full Version : Help me spend some money?

molurus73
12-26-2006, 01:00 AM
I have an Orion 8004. So about 100 watts x 4 at 4 ohm. I need some front speakers. Could you suggest some component sets that I can run actively or maybe some mids and tweets that I can set up and run off of this amp? I don't really want to go over $250. Less is better. Going in stock locations on a 99 Alero so lower door and sails. No plans on competing. Just want some kick *** tunes up front. Listen to mostly rock and metal with the occassional rap and hip hop cd.

I could always sell this amp and get a 2 channel to run a nice set of components. What would you do. Any help is appreciated. I want to get this done as soon as possible.

icpurplepplalot
12-26-2006, 01:03 AM
I have a 2002 alero, and fist thing first would be for me to recommend getting a speaker adapter to switch those 4x6 speakers to 4'' ones

Louisiana_CRX
12-26-2006, 01:07 AM
It would be better to modify the doors for some shallow mount 6.5 componets...a lot better mid bass...allow money to dynamat the front door ...inside and out....with the neo magnets bigger speakers can be mounted :)

molurus73
12-26-2006, 01:11 AM
Have already modified the doors. Have rings ready and everything. The door is well deadened and sealed already. I used to have a set of Kodas in there and a set of Stereo Integrity comps in there. I have not had anything for awhile and am looking for something new.

azngotskills
12-26-2006, 01:20 AM
I have heard great things about those new Pioneer PRS comps, but I dont think you can go wrong with the Rainbow SLC 265 components either. Contact 6spdcoupe, he can help you out with the Rainbows ;)

icpurplepplalot
12-26-2006, 01:22 AM
and yet again i have been pwned, i'm such a noob :(