PDA

View Full Version : Too much power for Hexes?

gixxer9
12-25-2006, 10:27 PM
I am still in the process of removing the stereo equipment from my EVO and am trying to decide what is going into my Silverado, and what is getting sold...

I have the Diamond s600s components, but they never sounded great in my camaro or evo, but I'm wondering if the Xtant amp driving them was not good enough. I believe that amp put out 75 watts rms and 150 max per channel. I'm replacing that amp with a pair of Zapco 200.2's.

My question is whether 200 watts rms is too much for the 6.5" hexes?

I wouldn't mind looking into another set of components like the Boston pros, Zapco 's, or germaniums...

Thank you!

acold7dusta
12-25-2006, 10:46 PM
keep the gains down, and you should be fine. keep an eye out on the woofer, if you notice that the woofer seems stressed, back off until it cleans back up

63mopar
12-26-2006, 05:43 AM
I just took my Hex's out of my car and replaced them with Rainbow Cmx's. The Rainbows are much better. There is much better midbass and it is just a cleaner sound. There was a large gap between components and my subwoofer but now they blend very well together. I am using the same amp feeding both sides 125 rms. I hope this helps, Good Luck.

Blazin Civic
12-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Just watch the tweeters. I have never seen a blown hex mid but I have seen a LOT of blown tweeters.