PDA

View Full Version : i just got a Pioneer Premier DEH-P580MP

k12ug
12-25-2006, 01:05 PM
i have a ford focus zx3 '05 with a stock head unit which i am replacing with my new pioneer premier DEH-P580MP i have no idea how to hook the chords up to the wiring harness

any help would be much appreciated

toot toot

j3bus2k3
12-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Buy a metra wiring and dash kit. It gives you instructions. Take your time, read through them a couple times before you attempt it and ask yourself, "do I really think I can do this?" If you cant answer with certaintity, dont try...

k12ug
12-25-2006, 01:11 PM
it actually came with a pioneer mesh wiring but i do not know which wires connect to which and the instructions do not say......to use speakers do i need to use coaxial?

jeffs42885
12-25-2006, 01:13 PM
you can get 2 metra harnesses, one for the deck one for the vehicle..smartharnesses that is. then they just plug in to eachother no soldiering required thats how i always reccomend people do it, unless we don't have the harness they need in stock

phenryiv1
12-26-2006, 11:51 AM
You need to attach wires from that Pioneer Harness to wires on a harness adapter that you can buy at best buy/circuit cit/(even Wal-Mart), or at your local audio shop. All of the colors in the harnesses match up with each other. DO NOT CUT YOUR STOCK WIRING AND TRY TO SPLICE INTO IT.

If you don't know what you are doing, order a harness from Crutchfield. They will send you directions and will talk you through the hookup, just for buying the harness from them.

Or just buy the harness from th epost ablve- no cutting or splicing required.

I just wired up a 580 unit last night- it took 10 minutes while watching TV.