PDA

View Full Version : 15 bucks paypal if.......

bholtmeier
12-23-2006, 09:34 AM
Someone could design a ported box for a 15 FI Q in a camaro, using ALL of the area in the back hatch. I haven't reached any solutions. I want at LEAST 3.0cf net....if this is possible, someone let me know, if you have had any experience with applications like this.

Immacomputer
12-23-2006, 09:36 AM
We need dimensions if we're going to make an enclosure that fills the entire area. You didn't even say what year and you expect people to randomly know exactly what they need to do this? You should offer $10,000,000 if somebody could do this first try without knowing anything about the vehicle.

bholtmeier
12-23-2006, 09:39 AM
We need dimensions if we're going to make an enclosure that fills the entire area. You didn't even say what year and you expect people to randomly know exactly what they need to do this? You should offer $10,000,000 if somebody could do this first try without knowing anything about the vehicle.

Alright, my bad. You obviously didn't get the point i was going across, but i'll give ya that.. I should have left a year. It's a 95 camaro. And i wasn't asking for someone to make a box plan for me, I'm asking if anyone else has a camaro, if they found a way to squeeze 3cf+ into it.

And if you don't know anything about the vehicle, don't post. I asked if anyone else has any any experience in applications such as the camaro.

Immacomputer
12-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Alright, my bad. You obviously didn't get the point i was going across, but i'll give ya that.. I should have left a year. It's a 95 camaro. And i wasn't asking for someone to make a box plan for me, I'm asking if anyone else has a camaro, if they found a way to squeeze 3cf+ into it.

And if you don't know anything about the vehicle, don't post. I asked if anyone else has any any experience in applications such as the camaro.

Read your post again. You are asking for somebody to design you something. I'm trying to help YOU out by asking these questions. Would you rather the thread go without any posts besides you coming back in bumping it? So go ahead and be an *** when somebody is trying to help you... I'm sure you will get what you need.

iamamp3pimp
12-23-2006, 10:03 AM
lots of capable designers out here.

I dont have the dimentions to your car off hand though

PV Audio
12-23-2006, 11:13 AM
When you take your car to an audio shop, do you think that they have specialized installers for your '83 Renault import? Doubt it, you don't need to know your car exactly to give you the design you want. If you would give us the dimensions or a picture with dimensions (better), then we might be able to help you. Otherwise, quite frankly, your chances of success are minimal.

regal8r
12-23-2006, 03:53 PM
fiberglass my man...fiberglass...

32tl
12-23-2006, 04:01 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198710

Specifically, post #6.

davidfre21
12-23-2006, 04:05 PM
im pretty sure there is ~3cubes in the well... but for a ported 15 ur gonna need 4-4.5cubes. And its gonna be almost impossible to give u dimentions because of its odd shapes. This is why when i get my f-body ill be using fiber glass

bholtmeier
12-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Only a few in here actually understood what i was talking about, but fiberglass does sound like the way to go. hopefully i just get rid of this car and don't have to worry about it.

skadude016
12-23-2006, 08:53 PM
you would have to have some kind of box that slopes down and also uses the flat part in the hatch too. that is a real akward design. jus fiberglass it

ls1pimp
12-23-2006, 09:18 PM
ha, good luck man, I just sold my 98 Trans am today (to my mechanic :eek: ). I was trying to do this as well, and it seems IMPOSSIBLE without fiberglass. The box builders i talked to could barely build it to even 2 cubes. I have an SUV now so im gonna get a huge *** box for my XXX :D I had the XXX in my trans am in a little 1 cube box stuffed in between my t-top holders.