PDA

View Full Version : system help..need suggestions for a noob

Nickg
12-23-2006, 07:47 AM
I have a few questions that i hope i can get some answers too. I currently have two 12" JL Audio w1v2's powered by a lightning audio s2.300.2 in a sealed box. I have a set of Eclipse sp5700 point source speakers in the front, and se8375 in the rear...my questions are..
1. Should i purchase a new amplifier for the subwoofers and use the s2.300.2 to power the coaxials al the way around...or look for a solid four channel instead?
2. Any amplifier suggestions?
3. For a entry level set up how does this seem overall?

Thanks i appreciate your time.

Railrocker
12-23-2006, 08:23 AM
With what your working with this is what I suggest. Buy a new amp for your subs and use your current amp to power the fronts. Power the rears with your deck if you must.

Nickg
12-23-2006, 09:03 PM
well i was thinking about the total mobile audio 250 watt monoblock..i believe its called the t250.1...but that leaves the subs slightly under what they are rated for...i wouldnt mind going a little larger like lets say 200 to each sub...but i want balance not too much bass..what do you suggest? i dont neccesarily care about keeping things jl or any of that..i just want quality at a fair price...out of curiousity what are the benefits are powering just my front 2 speakers instead of all 4? thanks i appreciate it.

tEh koRnDog
12-23-2006, 09:44 PM
next time dont double post there and in General. Please dont do it again. . ..

who made you a mod?:eyebrow:

Nickg
12-23-2006, 11:04 PM
the double post is because of the topic of my post. it is about speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, as well as overall opinion. Double post was neccesary to hopefully get answers.