PDA

View Full Version : 8443 Mp3s

donpisto
12-22-2006, 07:47 PM
I have an Eclipse 8443 and it supports Mp3's. However, reading through the manual I need the E-COM unit or something to be able to use this function. Anybody have a clue where I can get one from, how much it would cost, or any information on it? It would be nice to be able to use Mp3 discs because I have about 35-40 CD's of all sorts of music I have sorted out to test out my system once I get it and I'd like to have more like 5 or 6 CD's to keep it simpler.

After looking online, it may not be the E-COM I need the Commander Advance and I'm not sure if its the same thing or not.

iceteebone
12-23-2006, 02:46 AM
yes you need the commander and it isn't made anymore so you must find one used. first place to start is ebay

vipervin
12-23-2006, 04:12 AM
ive been looking for the e-com thingy too, but havent look really hard. from what i heard, retail used to be around 500

DjiNN
12-23-2006, 01:52 PM
ive been looking for the e-com thingy too, but havent look really hard. from what i heard, retail used to be around 500

if its at that price why not get a new HU ..

99StangGt
12-23-2006, 02:01 PM
You can get the commanders alot cheaper then that. The only problem is for it to play mp3s is you have to get a update disk for it to work and I havent seen one yet. I have heard from another off a different forum that he got one and it didnt work. I have been told that eclipse hasnt even made the update and isnt going to.

donpisto
12-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Yeah I did some researching and found that a used one can maybe be had for about 100 bucks but I saw somewhere it will cost 200-300. It's not worth paying that much, sure its a great deck but if I'm gonna spend anymore money into a deck I'd get an indash dvd. Thanks for the help guys.