PDA

View Full Version : Help plz

JJTitus
12-21-2006, 11:10 PM
okay, so im trying to set up a 2-way active setup and i just can't get all the speakers to work. I have a 5 channel amp. i have the two woofers hooked up to 1 and 2 and tweeters hooked up to 3 and 4. since the h/u only has 1 set of front preouts i have one rca hooked into it, only one of the rcas plays anything when i hook it up to an amp. i know i need some y-splitters but im still just not sure how to get it all working so that balance and everything works right. im just so frustrated right now that i can't think straight. can someone lay it out for me plz? i feel like a total noob.

azbass
12-21-2006, 11:12 PM
you are not properly set up for active.. :fyi:

JJTitus
12-21-2006, 11:13 PM
ok, that helps... care to tell me what i need to do?

azbass
12-21-2006, 11:15 PM
and what do you mean only one of the rcas plays anything?

whats not playing? mids or tweets? is there a switch on the amp for 2 chan/ 4chan mode?

JJTitus
12-21-2006, 11:20 PM
i hook up the rcas and only either a tweeter will play or a woofer. the channel switch on the amp is put to 5, since im running a sub too.

JJTitus
12-21-2006, 11:26 PM
i think what i need to do is get a y-cable and hook the left side up to the whichever channels the left tweeter and woofer are on and another to hook up to the right channel speakers right? im just tired and had a long day, hard to think lol. is that right? a female to 2 male y-cable right?

JJTitus
12-22-2006, 12:18 AM
so i hooked up all up but now i get sound out of all the speakers except one tweeter.... i have no clue what's wrong, maybe one of my RCAs is bad?

BlackMaxima
12-22-2006, 05:03 AM
does your H/U have a rear outpot??
and do you use rear speakers or plan on useing rear speakers?
and y-cable will work too.