PDA

View Full Version : vanadium 365 vs 165k3

kenbei
12-20-2006, 11:58 PM
I am totally on the fence about these two speakers. I was hoping some friendly advice could sway me one way or the other. I have never heard either of them and it's not an option.

I listen to metal, alt rock, and female vocals mainly. I also really appreciate a sharp trumpet.

I prefer a very bright sounding component, probably brighter and harsher than most. This has made it difficult for me to rely on the advice of others since my setups have always been love it or hate it setups.

The plan is for the Midbass to go in the door, the tweet and the midrange in the kickpanels. I may also get a 2nd tweeter set to go in the a pillars if I am not getting the effect I want out of the kickpanels.. which actually I have been meaning to ask, can I just run two tweeters off of the same passive xover? If I did get say the focals, and found an extra set of tweets, can I just hook them both up to the xover in parallel?

Anyway so which one do you reccommend? has anyone listened to both? Please lend me some advice. Price isn't an issue since I have found them both at about the same price. The set of focals I am using is not the new k3p, but the older k3 model since I cannot fit the newer k3p 6.5" midrange in my kickpanel.

Hintzyboy
12-21-2006, 02:30 PM
If you like a harsher tweeter, look into some MB Quarts. They're pretty decent speakers, but most people don't like the harshness of the tweeter. Might be right up your alley though. Also, you could PM 6spdcoupe. I know he deals Rainbows, not sure about Focal though.

BlackMaxima
12-22-2006, 05:01 AM
both will do the job, go for the set that is cheaper or if their about the same price do a coin toss. heads vanadium 365, tails 165k3