PDA

View Full Version : Subs Facing eachother..

ssbogger
12-20-2006, 11:41 PM
I have an extended cab tacoma and have had decent results with my subs firing up. I will be building a new box tomorrow and it would be more convienient if I could fire the subs toward each other. I would end up with no Less than 1 foot of airspace between the subs. One of the sub boxes would sit on the passenger side while the other would sit on the driver side.

Would the subs cancel eachother out or would this set up have any other negative effects?

I will be using two 06 L7 15's.

Thanks!

Volenti
12-21-2006, 03:49 AM
Go for it, the subs won't cancel each other.

bballrrt06
12-21-2006, 06:00 AM
Go for it, the subs won't cancel each other.

uhh very possible that they will

wire reverse polarity on one

SAG3
12-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Your truck will probably implode, or something.

rollerdj
12-21-2006, 07:45 AM
at that distance they may not. might i sugjest that you make the subs angled up a bit, that way they won't be firing directly at each other. that would be the easyest way to keep from having cancellation.

Volenti
12-21-2006, 10:07 AM
uhh very possible that they will

wire reverse polarity on one

Well obviously I'm assuming he knows how to wire up 2 subs in phase.

at that distance they may not. might i sugjest that you make the subs angled up a bit, that way they won't be firing directly at each other. that would be the easyest way to keep from having cancellation.

At the wavelenghts involved angling the subs makes no difference.

Gianotti
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
i have a tacoma ext. cab and notice they do hit decent facing up and going to try my 2 L7 15's firing toward the windsheild, but then again i wanna really feel the bass...

ssbogger
12-21-2006, 11:22 AM
I figured out that I'm just goin to stick with them facing up but make a box that I could face up, forward, down, or back. I'll be albe to try out every angle that way and see what works best.

DFW40
12-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Slide a board in the middle of them but be sure that you are not creating some sort of bandpass. also try it without a board and my guess is that it will sound just fine, they might reinforce one another and shoot the sound waves straight up with force.

96civ
12-22-2006, 01:41 AM
Why not go isobaric? Do you have to have two small boxes with a driver in each... or could you build one box approximately twice the size?