PDA

View Full Version : alarm install/what all is need for parts?

jrouter76
12-19-2006, 07:59 PM
I have a 1996 Bonneville Se that i`m going to install a Viper 791 w/remote start, my question is what parts do I need to complete the install, parts like type bypass, relays...etc.. I will be doing trunk relase and door locks and possible windows roll up I will be adding a class sensor later...any help will be appreciated..btw i have some exp.installing alarms.:p:

ssj2xxgotenxx
12-19-2006, 09:09 PM
You need to order parts for the trunk release and auto windows. Don't know the exact name.. solenoid is what it's called for the trunk release. You will also need butt connectors and t-taps.

jrouter76
12-20-2006, 01:00 AM
You need to order parts for the trunk release and auto windows. Don't know the exact name.. solenoid is what it's called for the trunk release. You will also need butt connectors and t-taps. t-taps i think are not recommended when installing alarms becuase they have a way of losing contact with vibration.

.::DuD3::.
12-20-2006, 01:12 AM
if you have experience installing them, why are you asking what you will need :p:

netherland24
12-20-2006, 01:16 AM
lol X2 ^

take it too a shop before u cut wires u dont know what u are doing... and yes u need a bypass/ and modules are needed for window roll down. and for trunk pop!

ravendarat
12-20-2006, 01:19 AM
You are gonna need a pair of relays for your doorlocks, a relay for trunk release, both of those are dependant on the vehicle already having power trunk and power locks. You are gona need a relay for the bypass as well. You will need resistors that add up to the value of the resistor in the key. You are gonna need screws to mount the siren and ground the brain. you are gonna need SOLDER and tape, no butt conectors or T-taps on any self respecting installers jobs. That should be everything special, and then your other things like drill bits, screwdrivers etc etc etc.

jrouter76
12-20-2006, 02:01 AM
if you have experience installing them, why are you asking what you will need :p:I see you did`nt read my first post clearly, I said some exp. which means not totaly...therefore thats why I`m asking...do you know everything I need or are you just curious.

jrouter76
12-20-2006, 02:03 AM
You are gonna need a pair of relays for your doorlocks, a relay for trunk release, both of those are dependant on the vehicle already having power trunk and power locks. You are gona need a relay for the bypass as well. You will need resistors that add up to the value of the resistor in the key. You are gonna need screws to mount the siren and ground the brain. you are gonna need SOLDER and tape, no butt conectors or T-taps on any self respecting installers jobs. That should be everything special, and then your other things like drill bits, screwdrivers etc etc etc.thanks for the info, well received.:p: forgot car has power locks and power trunk.

LUV2BHATED
12-20-2006, 12:11 PM
the wireing diagram for ur car, it will tell u were all the wires are, there colors and wut type of polarity they throwin out, good luck

Shyne151
12-21-2006, 01:07 AM
12volts red + ignition harness
Starter yellow + ignition harness
Ignition pink + ignition harness
Power Lock red/black - either door boot
Power Unlock orange/black - either door boot
Lock Motor gray drivers door boot
Unlock Motor tan drivers door boot
Disarm Defeat tan passengers kick panel
Parking Lights+ brown low in drivers kick panel
Parking Lights- gray/black headlight switch
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Door Trigger tan & dk.blue -
Dome Supervision lt. green/black - BCM
Trunk/Hatch Pin orange/black - at the trunk light or switch
Hood Pin
Trunk/Hatch Release black/white + low in drivers kick panel
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm
Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green - either door boot
Disarm No Unlock
Tachometer pur/wht or white ac ignition module
Horn Trigger black - steering column

jrouter76
12-21-2006, 01:36 AM
12volts red + ignition harness
Starter yellow + ignition harness
Ignition pink + ignition harness
Power Lock red/black - either door boot
Power Unlock orange/black - either door boot
Lock Motor gray drivers door boot
Unlock Motor tan drivers door boot
Disarm Defeat tan passengers kick panel
Parking Lights+ brown low in drivers kick panel
Parking Lights- gray/black headlight switch
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Door Trigger tan & dk.blue -
Dome Supervision lt. green/black - BCM
Trunk/Hatch Pin orange/black - at the trunk light or switch
Hood Pin
Trunk/Hatch Release black/white + low in drivers kick panel
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm
Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green - either door boot
Disarm No Unlock
Tachometer pur/wht or white ac ignition module
Horn Trigger black - steering columnare there any relays needed for the door locks and also are the red/blk and org/blk wires the ones i need to tap into or are there other wires involved to get the keylees entry to work i have had trouble in this area, this is the only area that gives me trouble everything else i have no problem at all.

Shyne151
12-21-2006, 01:50 AM
are there any relays needed for the door locks and also are the red/blk and org/blk wires the ones i need to tap into or are there other wires involved to get the keylees entry to work i have had trouble in this area, this is the only area that gives me trouble everything else i have no problem at all.

Doorlocks do have to be driven by a relay(s). Did your 791 come with a 451m relay pack? little black box with a ribbon cable and five wires coming off it?

And the red/black and orange/black are the only wires you need. be sure to test the wires first before you hook anything up to them.

jrouter76
12-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Doorlocks do have to be driven by a relay(s). Did your 791 come with a 451m relay pack? little black box with a ribbon cable and five wires coming off it?

And the red/black and orange/black are the only wires you need. be sure to test the wires first before you hook anything up to them.
no it did`nt

Shyne151
12-21-2006, 03:00 AM
no it did`nt

You will need two relays then.
85-12volt
86-trigger from alarm brain
30-to doorlock wire
87-12v

jrouter76
12-21-2006, 02:04 PM
You will need two relays then.