PDA

View Full Version : need help mounting siren for my alarm

massiveian
12-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey i just bought some subs and an amp and i hooked everything up
My grandfather bought me this little alarm for my birthday. its nothing amazing but i would like to put it in my car so i have an alarm.
all i have to do is mount the siren and connect the positive and negative wires to the battery terminals. thats no problem what im having a hard time with is where to mount the siren. i have a 95 grand am se and its tight under the hood theres very little room and i can really move it to far away from the battery because the wires arnt that long. so i guess where would be the best place to mount it?
thanks

Lil Poot
12-19-2006, 11:47 AM
you installed an alarm but you can't figure out how to mount a siren? find a place, drill some holes, if the wires aren't long enough, solder some longer wires on.

massiveian
12-19-2006, 11:53 AM
i know how to mount the siren but i cant fine anywhere under my hood to bolt it to the frame because there is so much under the hood it is already tight under there

azbass
12-19-2006, 11:56 AM
behind teh bumper. under somthing. im sure ther is a place for it,. extending the wires is not hard..

THUNDERBIRD
12-19-2006, 04:25 PM
what kind of alarm is it? but do what az said

saj21187
12-20-2006, 08:25 PM
you might have to take the battery, intake, or other removable engine components out to squeeze it in. I had to remove the intake in my car and mount it below cause there was nowhere else i could go with it. Im sure you know this already but make sure you mount it facing down so water doesnt build up in it.

Shyne151
12-21-2006, 01:52 AM
you installed an alarm but you can't figure out how to mount a siren? find a place, drill some holes, if the wires aren't long enough, solder some longer wires on.

Don't be a prick if you don't know what you're talking about. The alarm he is talking about is a "one wire hookup" system. All it needs is power.

Make sure you mount it with the siren facing down, so that it doesn't fill with water.

LUV2BHATED
12-24-2006, 02:34 AM
Hey i just bought some subs and an amp and i hooked everything up
My grandfather bought me this little alarm for my birthday. its nothing amazing but i would like to put it in my car so i have an alarm.
all i have to do is mount the siren and connect the positive and negative wires to the battery terminals. thats no problem what im having a hard time with is where to mount the siren. i have a 95 grand am se and its tight under the hood theres very little room and i can really move it to far away from the battery because the wires arnt that long. so i guess where would be the best place to mount it?
thanks

if u do that the siren will never turn off, or at least until ur battery dies