PDA

View Full Version : alarm installation

Isuzu95
01-11-2003, 04:54 PM
I have a Clarion UNGO alarm which someone installed a while ago, and the wire for the dome light is not connected... so the dome light doesn't turn on when the alarm is disabled. The manual says that the dome light output is <-> negative so does that mean I connect it to the negative of the dome light or the positive?

nismboy6986
01-14-2003, 06:07 PM
i'm not a expert but i'll probally say yes

Isuzu95
01-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by nismboy6986
i'm not a expert but i'll probally say yes

I appreciate the feedback, but it wasn't a 'yes-no' question... I was asking whether I should: (A) connect the negative wire from the alarm to the ground wire for the dome light OR (B) to the positive of the dome light. :)

nismboy6986
01-15-2003, 05:39 PM
oh my bad i didn't read your question thoroughly.

i believe you connect it to the negative but you would probally want more advice. on my alarm you need a relay and you connect terminal 86 to +12v terminal 87 to chassis ground and terminal 30 to negative dome light activation circuit.

Isuzu95
01-16-2003, 03:18 PM
no problem...

and I'm not too familiar with terminal numbers... or if that's the way your alarm is setup... and/or if I would need a relay.. i'll just get it checked out at a shop or something.. thanks again

Isuzu95
01-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Isuzu95
no problem...

and I'm not too familiar with terminal numbers... or if that's the way your alarm is setup... and/or if I would need a relay.. i'll just get it checked out at a shop or something.. thanks again

also, the wiring diagram doesn't mention anything about terminal numbers so I wouldn't know how to set it up

nismboy6986
01-17-2003, 06:21 PM
well i forgot to mention my alarm is crimestopper not a clarion UNGO. so u may or may not need a relay. for 4 dollars mrinstall.com will send you a instruction guide to wire a alarm to your specific vehicle. but if i were you i wouldn't just forget it and not worry about the done lights. i'm not going to attempt to hook them up when i install my alarm tomorrow since dome lights that come on when i disarm vehicle is no where near important enough to me to bother wiring them up

Isuzu95
01-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Thanks, I'll check out that site. And I'm having the alarm re-installed completely because i'm having some problems with it, so i'll get it done then most likely... and if you have the features in your alarm, why not use it :cool:

SentraStyleEMW
01-19-2003, 01:54 AM
What kind of car do you have...I can get you the wiring diagram for nothing...just send me an email.

SentraStyleEMW@aol.com