PDA

View Full Version : Any cheap decks decent?

Frankensuby
12-16-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm searching for ways to cut costs off of a buddy's system I am building.

Currently the deck I have in the system build is a Pioneer DEH-7800. I chose it with the guy who was overviewing it with me, but I'm trying to be as thrifty as possible.

I like Units like the JVC KD-AVX2 and the DEH-7800. Are their any other brands out there that are good quality for the money, and have the same features and screen quality?

Possibly cheaper?

Jonahdude
12-16-2006, 08:50 PM
What's your price range?

heyman421
12-16-2006, 09:17 PM
there's really only a few companies that make decks, period

what you see is what you get, compare some specs online, and shop around

Frankensuby
12-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Some Ideas of units that catch my eye for cheap.....

Clarion DXZ865MP
Dual XDVD8130
Lanzar SV28M
Blaupunkt MP66
Panasonic C9901N
JVC KD-AVX1 & 2

There are some ugly names in there, but I'm more interested in specs and features than name brand for the friend's ride.

What does the S/N ratio stand for? What is better, higher or lower numbers. I.E 78 S/N vs. 105 S/N.

Crap, I started the next thread before I thought about posting on this one :hide:

azimuth
12-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Some Ideas of units that catch my eye for cheap.....

Clarion DXZ865MP
Dual XDVD8130
Lanzar SV28M
Blaupunkt MP66
Panasonic C9901N
JVC KD-AVX1 & 2
There are some ugly names in there, but I'm more interested in specs and features than name brand for the friend's ride.

What does the S/N ratio stand for? What is better, higher or lower numbers. I.E 78 S/N vs. 105 S/N.

Crap, I started the next thread before I thought about posting on this one :hide:

i have the avx-1 and really like it. DO NOT BUY IT TO WATCH MOVIES ON, however. i use dvd mp3 discs, which is why i bought it. the screen is fine for menus and such, but much too small for movies. the avx 2 has more options, and the buttons are layed out a little different. overall, i love the avx1. performs way above my expectations. blaupunkt makes good decks as well. i had a panasonic (forget the model now) and hated it. stay away from lanzar and dual. not sure about clarion.

Frankensuby
12-16-2006, 09:32 PM
i have the avx-1 and really like it. DO NOT BUY IT TO WATCH MOVIES ON, however. i use dvd mp3 discs, which is why i bought it. the screen is fine for menus and such, but much too small for movies. the avx 2 has more options, and the buttons are layed out a little different. overall, i love the avx1. performs way above my expectations. blaupunkt makes good decks as well. i had a panasonic (forget the model now) and hated it. stay away from lanzar and dual. not sure about clarion.

I remember you answered some Q's from my last thread regarding their reliability ;)

This one is for the friend who just wants better than stock. Almost anything will do, but I'm trying to get best flash and bang for the buck :D

Anyways, I need to figure the S/N Question out. Anyone?