PDA

View Full Version : Check out my box idea... :)

TheGrimReaperKD
01-11-2003, 02:31 AM
Hey fellas,

Got bored, so I decided to whip out the Paint and do a sketch...

LoL, good god, I need Adobe. :)

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/286000-286999/286674_1_full.jpg

Never claimed to be an artist, lol

Anyway, the middle part is where my IDMAX will go...I think I may just buy a custom made one for cheap somewhere, let the pros handle it.

The sides me and a friend will probably make. These will be the amp holders/decorative things. They will be hollow and in the middle of them I will probably put something like this in there..

http://www.crystalvillage.com/ebay/images/new_tribal_skull_1.jpg

Gives it that kind of Grim Reaper/Death theme that I'm going with for my car, add some originality.It's only like 6 inches tall anyway. The whole reason for the amp rack is to make it seem like the "box" is bigger, take up some space in the car I get.

Now you may notice that I have two amps. Well, one is for the IDMAX, and the other will be for my component system. I will mount them so they fit right into the area.

Probably bolt thee entire thing down so nothing moves and for security. Maybe add some barb wire, lol.

So, what do you think fellas. LoL, I know, it's late, haha

KenNy

TheGrimReaperKD
01-11-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Jmac
Worst box ever ... ;)

Bastard :):D

evo2k3
01-11-2003, 03:24 AM
i dont really dig the skulls....but the design is strait....so if you like those images...go for it, but please please please no barb wire...that has to be one of the worst ideas i have ever heard.

Corsica
01-11-2003, 12:06 PM
barb wire will rattle like al hell, but it would keep theives from ur ****. Unless they have bolt cutters of gloves. Other than da wire its kikc ***.

J

TheGrimReaperKD
01-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Corsica
barb wire will rattle like al hell, but it would keep theives from ur ****. Unless they have bolt cutters of gloves. Other than da wire its kikc ***.

J

Lol the barbed wire as a joke. Don't need no rattling.

Couldn't I bolt down the boxes to the floor, keep them from moving or being stolen so easily?

dbhittin
01-11-2003, 01:07 PM
take the sub out, and bolt from the inside. But they can still take the sub off, so use allen wrench head screws

TheGrimReaperKD
01-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by dbhittin
But they can still take the sub off, so use allen wrench head screws

On the box, correct?

evo2k3
01-11-2003, 03:14 PM
no...he ment to fasten the sub the the box...anyways, thats unessasary for two reasons:
1) some one who know what their doing breaks into your car without the alarm going off or anything, they know enough to be able toi get the sub out of there short of welding a steal box to the chasis.

2) if they dont know what there doing and got in my something stupid like a brick through the window....they are just going to take a hammer to the box and pull the sub.

dont do bullshit stuff like that, invest in a good alarm system and theft insurance.

violator5spd
01-11-2003, 03:31 PM
i like the box and the skull thing reaper...your not using that exact skull are you? those kinda look weird...anyways, i would just not show off your system to everyone and their mother and you should be fine. go ahead and get an alarm if you'd like, but i wouldn't go that expensive. one thing i'd make sure to do is contact your insurance and make sure you get some coverage on it...anyways, good lookin box :)

TheGrimReaperKD
01-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by violator5spd
i like the box and the skull thing reaper...your not using that exact skull are you? those kinda look weird...anyways, i would just not show off your system to everyone and their mother and you should be fine. go ahead and get an alarm if you'd like, but i wouldn't go that expensive. one thing i'd make sure to do is contact your insurance and make sure you get some coverage on it...anyways, good lookin box :)

Nah that skull was just an example. I like the tribal art decal on it though. I might just use the traditional skull.

Of course I'm getting an alarm guys, jeez, lol.

n2ma
01-11-2003, 09:43 PM
In the back of a buddies car we took 3" carage bolts and drilled holes throgh the floor then bolted the box in. Put the subs in and it sure slows a theif down.
I am not into the gothic or anything ,
but my uncle who is a morticion, has and old herse I can pick up cheap.
83 buick dark blue and chrome out the ***. 350 v-8 and 89,000 miles
all for a grand. I am thinking of a demo car, perhaps a casket with 3 12's
Has any one ever wanted a system in a herse?
After all they are nice and solid, large square space.

nswartley
01-11-2003, 09:49 PM
grim reaper do you want to die? ;)

avistar23
01-11-2003, 09:51 PM
very interesting

n2ma
01-11-2003, 10:13 PM
I figure it will sure be different at car shows,
Hell nothing to fix on it , well kept of course
I have set of 18's I can throw on .

TheGrimReaperKD
01-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by nswartley
grim reaper do you want to die? ;)

No man, lol. Just being original.

I'm not gothic either, I dress in nice clothes. ;)

nswartley
01-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by TheGrimReaperKD
No man, lol. Just being original.

I'm not gothic either, I dress in nice clothes. ;)

hah i know bro it is original...trust me :)

Mayshno
01-13-2003, 07:49 AM
?????????? am thinking about this , sorry for the bad colors .????????

J Mac :confused: ??

http://www.geocities.com/caraudiofreak2003/ <- MY BOX

or should i make 2 separate boxes and glue a piece of wood to them to mount the amp ?:D

Corsica
01-13-2003, 03:37 PM
Grim, AWSOME Idea!!!!! Make a Coffin shaped Amp rack on each side!!!!! Could hinge them and have lil fans on the back to cool them!~!!!!

J

n2ma
01-14-2003, 12:01 AM
I think the coffin Idea is great.
But what type of sub would one use to give a coffin speaker box justice?
Armagadon whould be my fist choice. Any others?