PDA

View Full Version : MB quart?

myname1588
12-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I am getting two 15" L7's powered by a ZX2500.1 and I'm curious as to what speakers i should get to counter all the bass. I was thinkin MB Quarts but not sure. Thanks.

azbass
12-15-2006, 03:42 PM
theres better then quarts.

DetroitBass
12-15-2006, 03:55 PM
What is your price range? Do you want components or coaxials? Will you be amping the speakers, or using the HU?

myname1588
12-15-2006, 06:51 PM
not sure of price range and not sure of coaxial or composite and im going to power them. I just want to be able to hear sometinhg other than just bass? A friend of mine had some MB quarts and they sounded amazing that's why i was thinking that but if theirs better let me know?

GrnEydDvl
12-15-2006, 07:00 PM
not sure of price range and not sure of coaxial or composite and im going to power them. I just want to be able to hear sometinhg other than just bass? A friend of mine had some MB quarts and they sounded amazing that's why i was thinking that but if theirs better let me know?

There are certainly better received lines of speakers than MB Quart but they aren't inherently bad, esp if you can find them for a good deal.

Many find their tweeters too harsh and admittedly they can be very bright.

Some other high(er) end brands are Rainbow, Boston Acoustics, Focal, and Dynaudio.

That being said if you like the Quarts YOU are the one who will be listening to them the most so go with what your ears like the best.

myname1588
12-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Ok thanks guys i check thos other brands out.

A/D/S-MbQuart
12-15-2006, 07:28 PM

Listen, Listen before you buy. If you think Quarts sound amazing make sure another brand will be better for you. Dont buy nothing without listening to it first.
Trust your ears the most. Dont buy what somebody else has or says is way better.

jmanpc
12-15-2006, 07:33 PM
I <3 my quarts

Orion Man
12-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Quarts' are overrated.