PDA

View Full Version : New SPL format for us Northerners...

SPL140.2
12-15-2006, 04:00 AM
Looks to be promising, im signin up they changed some rules since they begain

http://teamnortheastspl.com/Home_Page.html

tprj82
12-15-2006, 08:37 AM
not really, if you have a wall, or have a larger enclosure your automaticly in the highest class, oh well

SPL140.2
12-15-2006, 09:21 AM
not really, if you have a wall, or have a larger enclosure your automaticly in the highest class, oh well
yeah but really how many people have walls, i can only think of a few around here. Im gonna do all 3 of the IASCA, DRAG, AND TEAMNORTHEAST spl events:D

saywhat?
12-15-2006, 09:26 AM
they metering with a tL?

80INCHES
12-15-2006, 09:38 AM
r they going to have shows in the conneticut new jersey,or in nyc at all?

tprj82
12-15-2006, 12:11 PM
from what i read cert scores on ac 190 and other local comps different mics,

i know alot of people with walls or bog boxes that rest on their back seats that would be placed in the toughest class, but for the newer guys with small systems the rules seem pretty fair

SPL140.2
12-15-2006, 01:13 PM
they metering with a tL?

the meters being used will be the AC190 for records and the only other meter allowed is the termlab for local shop comps

SPL140.2
12-15-2006, 01:14 PM
r they going to have shows in the conneticut new jersey,or in nyc at all?

probably have to have a shop contact McVay on that site as far as i know so far it is only a NY format but im sure itll expand

SPL140.2
12-15-2006, 01:15 PM
from what i read cert scores on ac 190 and other local comps different mics,

i know alot of people with walls or bog boxes that rest on their back seats that would be placed in the toughest class, but for the newer guys with small systems the rules seem pretty fair

alot of rookies will put there boxes on the back seats.... but its only fair to those who follow the rules, but heck its great cause for streatbeat as well cause the rules doesnt affect other formats such as drag and idbl.

ngsm13
12-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Ghey as ****.

ng

SPL140.2
12-17-2006, 05:10 AM
shops in MASS and RI will be holding some too, just heard!!!

SPL140.2
12-17-2006, 05:13 AM
Ghey as ****.

ng

The best part of the whole thing is IASCA isnt doing crap for its members in the north above GA or its shop owners and judges, they owe a certified judge up here $3k and he still hasnt been paid. The best part of this new format is the rookie class, I dont know how many rookies i beat by 15db and they were all upset and dissapointed, and i wasnt full tilting the nob. This gives them better odds of not getting frustrated and staying in the game and keep attending these spl events. Thats what matters keeping the game alive.

dvrmstrng
12-17-2006, 04:51 PM
yeah that blows cause im a n00b with stock electrical only 1200 watts but my box is taller than 25" inches or whatever so im automatically in a class that ill never want to compete in

SPL140.2
12-17-2006, 08:07 PM
yeah that blows cause im a n00b with stock electrical only 1200 watts but my box is taller than 25" inches or whatever so im automatically in a class that ill never want to compete in

could make a new enclosure to go by the rules :D

SPL140.2
12-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Just heard theres lots of interests in NH, Maine, Georgia, Conn, RI, Mass, OH, IL and some parts of Canada, I hope IASCA loses tons of cash especially i hear DBDRAG wants to do SQ so that'll hurt IASCA even more.

dvrmstrng
12-17-2006, 08:18 PM
yeah i was gonna wait till summer to make a new one...maybe ill do a new one sometime over my break now...or just screw competing

80INCHES
12-17-2006, 08:22 PM
as far as meter placement
r they going to meter at the dash or meca style

hmmm dbdrag leaning 2wards sq....that will be fun

SPL140.2
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
as far as meter placement
r they going to meter at the dash or meca style

hmmm dbdrag leaning 2wards sq....that will be fun

legal style on dash like drag and IASCA

dinty01
12-18-2006, 10:06 PM
I got a wall in my van, Tom knows all about it, Im gonna check out the link and see what its all about, hopefully it will be cool

bdawson72
12-18-2006, 10:14 PM
thats rediculous

dinty01
12-18-2006, 10:20 PM
yea Id end up in the Pro class with my truck, a single 12" id max, but b/c I have a rear seat in my extended cab it would be move than 25" from the floor so Id be in the pro class, not happening, Id have to be in pro with my van but thats a whole nother ball game, not quite sure if I like the rules with the box heights, I think that will bump a whole lot of people up into the pro class, probably where they shouldnt be, since that class has no rules for a box, eh Ill wait and see how it goes I think . . .

SPL140.2
12-19-2006, 01:44 AM
yea Id end up in the Pro class with my truck, a single 12" id max, but b/c I have a rear seat in my extended cab it would be move than 25" from the floor so Id be in the pro class, not happening, Id have to be in pro with my van but thats a whole nother ball game, not quite sure if I like the rules with the box heights, I think that will bump a whole lot of people up into the pro class, probably where they shouldnt be, since that class has no rules for a box, eh Ill wait and see how it goes I think . . .

thats pretty much the same in any organization you have to put a limit on box size or else people could build 3/4 walls and say its not a wall if you know what i mean. That truck would be tricky cause of the back seats in the cab in any organization with a large box.

audioatg
12-21-2006, 08:33 PM
They did that in slapshow in years past. It was stock If you had an extended cab truck no matter If you had seats or not it was still stock. The next year well last year mabye that they were with tweeter they got ride of the and made extended cab trucks must have full use of back seats folded down an all. Any thing else would of put you in super stock class. I think even Iasca does this too. SO If you had an extended cab truck and wanted to compete in a stock class had to have the box under the seat. Whats that like mabye two tens.

SPL140.2
12-21-2006, 10:33 PM
my friends got 2-12's in his chevy under the seats, but if you have say a tacoma where the seats fold from the sides you dont have to use them, the enclosure must be no higher than 25" from the floor on those kind of trucks, same goes in IASCA.

dinty01
12-21-2006, 11:04 PM
if the truck comes stock with a rear seat would I need to use it? right now Im not, I made a platform out of 1" plywood(its what I had layin around) and everything is screwed to that, not the prettiest install by any stretch of the imagination, but it was supossed to be my setup for a few weeks until I rebuilt my box, well that was alittle over a year ago I pulled everythin out, o well, yea I may put a single 12" Id max back there and if it sits on the seat it would be way too high so Im not sure what I want to do with it, Id like to get an explorer and sell my truck and put a nice system in there . . .

audioatg
12-22-2006, 04:30 PM
my friends got 2-12's in his chevy under the seats, but if you have say a tacoma where the seats fold from the sides you dont have to use them, the enclosure must be no higher than 25" from the floor on those kind of trucks, same goes in IASCA.

In slap I know for a fact all seats must be usable. So if it folds from the right left down up. It still must be usable. Im not sure about Iasca but slap and Iasca have some of the same rules.

SPL140.2
12-23-2006, 04:51 AM
ive been in IASCA for 3 years and the seats dont need to work as long as there not bench seats same goes for northeastspl

dvrmstrng
12-24-2006, 12:59 PM
woohooo just measured my box....22 inches in height...im in!!

dvrmstrng
12-24-2006, 01:40 PM
in the lowest class does 2 or less feet per chamber mean you can only have a two cube box?

RAINMAKA
12-25-2006, 05:28 PM
any idea when there will be a list of events? i would be interested to check some out in eastern ct or rhode island

SPL140.2
12-26-2006, 02:33 PM
in the lowest class does 2 or less feet per chamber mean you can only have a two cube box?

2cub per sub if its a common chamber box 4cub :)

SPL140.2
12-26-2006, 02:36 PM
any idea when there will be a list of events? i would be interested to check some out in eastern ct or rhode island
I have no idea on when, the only way is to find out is contact chris mcvay his email is listed on the teamnortheast page. Probably not for a month or 2 because i know hes been talking to hundreds of shops that were interested in holding these events so id imagine it will take some time.

dinty01
12-26-2006, 02:46 PM
They did that in slapshow in years past. It was stock If you had an extended cab truck no matter If you had seats or not it was still stock.

When I competed in Slap 2 summers ago with my big box and 2 idmax's bolted to the frame I was in the super stock class 1-260 sq inches. I took home 1st place in that class with a 144 even. The box wasnt too great, it was my first box, but I didnt have my seat in, I have pics of the setup online if anyone would want to see it. Id like to rebuild that box with the knowledge I have now but I dont know if I need that much bass in there anymore---aahhh what the hell of course I do:D

audioatg
12-26-2006, 06:48 PM
ive been in IASCA for 3 years and the seats dont need to work as long as there not bench seats same goes for northeastspl

Like I said in my last post I wasent sure about Iasca. Thoses shows went dead around NJ DE area a long time ago.

audioatg
12-26-2006, 06:56 PM
When I competed in Slap 2 summers ago with my big box and 2 idmax's bolted to the frame I was in the super stock class 1-260 sq inches. I took home 1st place in that class with a 144 even. The box wasnt too great, it was my first box, but I didnt have my seat in, I have pics of the setup online if anyone would want to see it. Id like to rebuild that box with the knowledge I have now but I dont know if I need that much bass in there anymore---aahhh what the hell of course I do:D

So your one of thoses guys who are like How many in SS class O no one. Put me in that class. lol. I know you can chose what class you wanna go in but thats all on you. By Rule. Anything below the window line years ago in extended cabs were stock class. Thats now changed. But who cares anyways about slap now that I went to look at there site. Its not looking to good for shows next year :(

audioatg
12-26-2006, 06:56 PM
O what show was that too Dinty01

SPL140.2
12-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Like I said in my last post I wasent sure about Iasca. Thoses shows went dead around NJ DE area a long time ago.

same here IASCA will diminish in NY as well with teamnortheast spl events take place, Iasca can keep the south since thats were they want to hold all the big events, year after year.

dinty01
12-26-2006, 09:36 PM
O what show was that too Dinty01

That was All Truck Nationals at Carlisle PA summer of 2005, I didnt pick my class, it was my first competition and I didnt know what to do so I had one of the tech guys I guess theyre called come and look over my stuff and tell me what class I should be in, I wasnt looking to place that day, but I had my truck up there and thought it would be fun, I actually just about left until the one guy working it came running out and said to me, you may want to stay til awards are handed out, and Im like why? He goes, well lets just say youre doing good, so Im like ok Ill stick around, but I wasnt expecting first by any means. I went to carlisle again this past summer and it ******, there werent too many people there, I was going to take my van out and bring home 1st place in my class and loudest in show, but I blew a woofer a week before the Carlisle show, and as it was I should of brought it out as I would of taken home ist place in my class and loudest in show with only 3 woofers :laugh: haha, o well, but those are the only slap shows Ive been too, havent been able to get to many other kinds of shows in the area though, thats why I was hoping this new competition would really pick up around here.

O and that show out at Carlisle, there was this car club out there, apparently they go to Slap shows and one member takes first, next member takes second etc in the different classes, well they got all sorts of pissed off when I pushed their number 1 guy out of first place, by like 4 db i think it was haha, there was something like 9 other competitors in the class, somehow I came out on top . . .

SPL140.2
12-27-2006, 11:17 AM
just signed up, you can either sign up on teamnortheast.com or millionare1@prodigy.net for a 2007 membership.

audioatg
12-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Im still trying to figure out what I wanna do next year. It doesnt look good for any shows realyl slap usaci or dbdrag unless I wanna drive 2 hours away with gas prices close to 3 bucks next year( thats what Im thinking its going to be) Whats the point in then you know. So its Work on my setup get it ready for next year or think about holding my own shows no sanction events but I would run it like slap their rules. I have always liked their shows at tweeter fast organized not like some of the dbdrag shows I been to around the area when your there for like 10 hours. You can only look at the same car for so long. And Usaci you never know what your going to get at the plus at atco you never know whats going to happen there. I know some local car clubs will have some shows with soundoff.

SPL140.2
12-27-2006, 06:29 PM
they now have a forum http://forum.teamnortheastspl.com/user/categories.aspx

McVay
12-31-2006, 09:22 PM
www.Teamnortheastspl.com

http://shop.teamnortheastspl.com

Thanks for all your interest!

SPL140.2
01-01-2007, 02:46 AM
www.Teamnortheastspl.com

http://shop.teamnortheastspl.com

Thanks for all your interest!

Look whos on ;) its "god" :D

CRXBMPN
01-23-2007, 04:42 AM
looks interesting, especially to see if anyone shops up here are going to involve the extreme northeast :D

defj
01-23-2007, 08:57 AM
the rookie enclosure size is now 2.5 cubes per woofer

SPL140.2
01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
the rookie enclosure size is now 2.5 cubes per woofer

still prefab or can it be custom as well???

defj
01-23-2007, 04:42 PM
custom as well,it just has to go by the size limits

SPL140.2
01-24-2007, 03:00 PM
thats sweet now if i can talk the ol lady into going threw the lanes as a rookie :D

TIeclipseMOJO
01-25-2007, 02:02 PM
Meter change is official, going with the TL.

sue bee
01-25-2007, 02:34 PM
shops in MASS and RI will be holding some too, just heard!!!

where?

loudrango
03-03-2007, 12:01 PM
what's up spl140.2???