PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna Plan this one out!?!?! Please?

elite08
12-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Mkay, im looking for the deminsions on a Possible box for a truck of mine, A toyota tacoma Reg cab. 2000 model.

Im wanting to get four 8 inch subs Back thier. Probley Memphis!

Im looking for a Box plan, for this Project. Anyone wanna help? please!!!:crap:

Exploder 97
12-14-2006, 10:35 PM
why not 4 10"s?

elite08
12-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Will that fit?

Edit: im 6'2 AND limited on space. Im looking for the Slimest subs, to Conserve the most room. So im not all up on the Sterring wheel. Correct me if im Wrong, or am Over looking any Ideas! please

PESteele
12-14-2006, 10:44 PM
how much you looking to spend and how much space. There are many slim mount subs out there but some are pretty pricey

elite08
12-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Yea, what I figured. I have about 43inchs to work with, width wise. And 15inchs tall, And wanna try and keep this about 5-6 inchs wide? if possible.

Right now, i have 5 bills. And then With the Holidays comming up. I'll have around 1000+. Right now, im shooting for mainly Ideas.

Hintzyboy
12-14-2006, 11:05 PM
M-class 10s are 5" deep. After factoring in the mdf and some space for motor clearance you'd end up around 6.5" in depth. You could probably fit 4 12s in if you remove the jack and tire iron (I'm assuming that's the reason you only have 43" in length). The 12s are 5.5" deep, so you'd end up with about 7" total depth. You'll want to separate the chambers too to avoid cansellation problems. The M-class subs only need around .5-1 cube each sealed. Build a wedge box and you can get even mor legroom out of the truck.

jdc753
12-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Yea, what I figured. I have about 43inchs to work with, width wise. And 15inchs tall, And wanna try and keep this about 5-6 inchs wide? if possible.

I tend to find AutoCad is great for this sort of thing, granted if you have access to it and know how to operate it. I quickly punched in some rough dimensions for a "truck" style box with a height of 15" bottom depth of 8" and top depth of 5" exterior, then when using 3/4" mdf and a length of 43" I am getting 1.6747 cubic feet of air space, with a max mounting depth of approximately 5". The mounting depth can be fiddled with, thats the distance from the middle of the front face back to the back wall. Let me know if you got any other dimensional requirements, I can punch the stuff into cad fairly quickly to come up with your air space so you can have an idea of what you are looking at for volume. Moving to 1/2" material will net you 1.9126 cubic feet. Of course these are fairly rough volumes, will need to account for sub displacement and baffle displacement if you isolate the subs into their own chambers.

xluben
12-15-2006, 11:32 AM
I tend to find AutoCad is great for this sort of thing, granted if you have access to it and know how to operate it. I quickly punched in some rough dimensions for a "truck" style box with a height of 15" bottom depth of 8" and top depth of 5" exterior, then when using 3/4" mdf and a length of 43" I am getting 1.6747 cubic feet of air space, with a max mounting depth of approximately 5". The mounting depth can be fiddled with, thats the distance from the middle of the front face back to the back wall. Let me know if you got any other dimensional requirements, I can punch the stuff into cad fairly quickly to come up with your air space so you can have an idea of what you are looking at for volume. Moving to 1/2" material will net you 1.9126 cubic feet. Of course these are fairly rough volumes, will need to account for sub displacement and baffle displacement if you isolate the subs into their own chambers.

i agree with finding a cad program to play with.

i just designed a box for a single cab s10 (for friend of mine).

it was for a single 12" ported:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2530061&postcount=14

if you do a wedge shaped box, you should be able to fit:

ported:
one 12"
or
one 10"
or
two 8"

sealed:
two 12"
or
three 10"
or
four 8"

and still have close to recommended net volume.

and with a wedge style box you should have enough mounting depth for a 6" deep sub and still be able to keep decent foot room.

JohnBlayz142
12-15-2006, 02:40 PM
I've actually heard 4 Kicker 8L7's sealed in a regular cab Tacoma....got very loud. Was powered by about 1200 watts rms or so....got louder than my buddy's 2 15's ported in the trunk of his Lexus LS.

Hintzyboy
12-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Depending on what kind of 15s they were, he must have been starving them of power or airspace