PDA

View Full Version : does it really matter

biggmarc
01-10-2003, 09:45 PM
does it really matter what company you go with when it come to dvd in your car?

violator5spd
01-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by biggmarc
does it really matter what company you go with when it come to dvd in your car?

it might...which one were you looking at?

biggmarc
01-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by violator5spd
it might...which one were you looking at?

any of the cheap players..lanzar pyle.............and use alpine ai net lcd.........or just a cheap in dash job .........know of any

Brock
01-14-2003, 07:08 PM
stay away from lanzar, pyle, pyramid, boss, etc...you can shop around and find something good for cheap. Ive got a panasonic and i love it.

donlovescaraudi
02-24-2003, 09:32 PM
whats wrong with the cheaper brands?from what ive seen from home and car dvd players they all look the same its the screens that make the difference

Brock
02-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by donlovescaraudi
whats wrong with the cheaper brands?from what ive seen from home and car dvd players they all look the same its the screens that make the difference

build quality, realibility, etc...

A panasonic DVD player WILL produce a better picture than a pyle DVD player for example...

mgaidica
02-25-2003, 12:24 AM
if you see PYLE of sh*ts in stores next to a pioneer or alpine you will see a huge difference. the online pictures mean nothing if thats what ur basing your thoughts off of. In my opinion, for mobile dvd, playstation 2 is the best way to go, you get games and dvd and cd...

MUGEN!
02-25-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by donlovescaraudi

DUH! DURABILITY AND PERFORMANCE WISE >>> huge difference.

Matador
02-28-2003, 05:05 AM
hmm, how can i put it.

i guess it's like saying, would you take the same car who has an I4 engine with 150hp or would you take the V8 engine with 300hp engine? i mean they look the same right? (<--made up)

or like buying a computer, you could get the cheap *** Emachines which has a pentium 4 2.0ghz (if they even have one), or you could get the Sony or DEll with a pentium 4 2.0ghz, both of them iwth the "same" specs.

either way, you get my point. that's why brock is tellin ya to stay away from pyramid, pyle, boss..... they the low end, they are like in the bottom of the pile

eengrms
02-28-2003, 03:41 PM
To be honest I don't really agree with the guys here, as long as you are willing to accept the standard credo- "You get what you pay for". Cheap units will performly worse than better units, usually. I bought a fairly no-name auxillery in-dash DVD player for my wife's van and it works beautifully. Yeah some of the bells and whistles are missing, but it serves its purpose nicely. So get what you want and if you are happy with it, don't worry about it being a cheap no-name. As far as better picture goes, remember that this is being displayed on a very small screen, where basically anything looks good.

Brock
02-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Brock
stay away from lanzar, pyle, pyramid, boss, etc...you can shop around and find something good for cheap. Ive got a panasonic and i love it.

Im not saying that you cant find a good dvd player thats cheap, just not from these brands. There are plenty of good bargains out there, but the brands listed above are pure crap.

Brock
02-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Oh and I'd like to add LEGACY to that list...they really ****.

donlovescaraudi
03-01-2003, 11:33 PM
i have a friend who is useing a legacy dvd player but its on a highend alpine 6.5 screen and it looks great,now maybe the legacy wont last as long as a name brand but for now its geting the job done

nswartley
03-01-2003, 11:35 PM
**** mugen take your avatar away.....shes gross :sick: :p