PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about the Polk MMC6500

dimebag
12-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Hi! I got a pair of Infinity Ref 6010CS powered by an Infinity 7541a (110w/channel) off an Alpine 9813 deck. As you know, I find the tweeters very harsh and the woofer is lacking midbass seriously. I listen mostly to rock/metal and classical.

I'm on a tight budget. I'm thinking about 2 solutions :

- Polk MMC6500 & enough money to deaden my doors

OR

- Rainbow slc 265 & no deadening...

What do you think?

Prowler573
12-14-2006, 04:14 PM
As I know nothing about those Polks I cannot comment one way or the other about them but if your doors are not currently deadened at all I'd do that first and then if that process leaves you without enough scratch left to get the comps you want then save a bit more until you do have enough.

Frankensuby
12-14-2006, 06:56 PM
1. Polk makes a GREAT speaker IMO. I am trading out my type-R's for the MOMO's and getting a new amp to push them in the future.

2. Deadening is a must. I need to get to that myself, but I can't until spring...too cold for application.

Go listen to the Polk MOMO series *MMC designation* at a Tweeter near you. Keep in mid they have them in sealed boxes, so you're gonna need to seal and deaden doors to get that sound, or close too it.

Prowler573
12-14-2006, 07:11 PM
1. Polk makes a GREAT speaker IMO. I am trading out my type-R's for the MOMO's and getting a new amp to push them in the future.

2. Deadening is a must. I need to get to that myself, but I can't until spring...too cold for application.

Go listen to the Polk MOMO series *MMC designation* at a Tweeter near you. Keep in mid they have them in sealed boxes, so you're gonna need to seal and deaden doors to get that sound, or close too it.
(a) We don't have Tweeter stores here but I would imagine there is someone locally that sells that line of Polks
(b) I'm satisfied (for the now, anyway...) with the Diamond components that I run so I don't see any speaker shopping in my foreseeable future but thanks for the tip. :)

Frankensuby
12-14-2006, 07:16 PM
(a) We don't have Tweeter stores here but I would imagine there is someone locally that sells that line of Polks
(b) I'm satisfied (for the now, anyway...) with the Diamond components that I run so I don't see any speaker shopping in my foreseeable future but thanks for the tip. :)

The reply was to the OP :p:

He lives in Montreal, I don't know if they have Tweeters there or not.

Either way, even stock speakers sound like a whole new speaker after a thorough deadening job.

~Levi

kicker06
12-14-2006, 07:18 PM
I would go with Crystal SSCS6's and MORE deadening.