PDA

View Full Version : Trouble shooting problem w/ right speakers

Jake95
12-13-2006, 09:48 PM
ok, so my friend has a kenwood headunit, and all of a sudden, his right speakers stopped working. he checked the balance and all other setting, what could have happened? could the right channel have gone out on the head unit?

Prowler573
12-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Okay - I'll assume from the very minimal information given to us by your post that the friend is running the speakers directly off of the headunit?

What model HU if you know?
Have the speaker wires been checked to see if the insulation has become compromised in some way? Pinched in a door jam? Poor connections at the deck became loose? Speakers crapped out? (Probably not but it is a possibility) Have there been other speakers connected to those outputs to see if it is, in fact, the deck and not the speakers?

Hard to tell without having some more details...

Jake95
12-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Okay - I'll assume from the very minimal information given to us by your post that the friend is running the speakers directly off of the headunit?

What model HU if you know?
Have the speaker wires been checked to see if the insulation has become compromised in some way? Pinched in a door jam? Poor connections at the deck became loose? Speakers crapped out? (Probably not but it is a possibility) Have there been other speakers connected to those outputs to see if it is, in fact, the deck and not the speakers?

Hard to tell without having some more details...

yeah he is running off the head unit, (i believe it is the KDC-MP532U)(its the kenwood head unit with the surfer animation)
he took out the head unit, and checked the back, to make sure the wires were connected, and yeah, he should try to hook up different speakers to that output.
the cramping of wires in the door is a good possibility.. ill update later, thanks for the thoughts so far

Jake95
01-06-2007, 03:55 PM
yeah it was weired, it might have gone with the door jam, because both the right speakers just got unconnected, it was kinda weired but got fixed, thanks