PDA

View Full Version : best speakers for headunit HELP

chrome_spyder
12-12-2006, 11:45 PM
ok im new at this so ill do the best i can i bought a stareo a few months ago and i love it it sounds great with my OLD very cheap pioneer speakers but they just dont put out the sound i want. and i know that the crappy sound is not conpletly due to the head unit,i had my friends rockford fosgates hooked up to it and they sounded amazing. but seeing as im poor :crap: i cant get a set off those.so im looking for some speakers that will give me the most bang for the buck (set of 4 under $200).also down the road i want an amp what would be some good choices?

this is the info off the box hope it helps!
# CD Signal-to-Noise 92dB
# Peak Power Output 55 watts x 4 chan.
# RMS Power Output 26 watts x 4 chan. approx.
# Preamp/RCA Outputs 1 Pair
# Preamp Voltage 2 volts

thanks for the help

Frankensuby
12-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Hmmm....

Components or Coaxials?

Company preference?

Ultimate goals? (long run, if there is one)

Speakers are located where?

If you want to amp them later on, your going to want to hash out more than you probably want (unless you go with a cheaper company RE: Power acoustik). Also, amping the rears is not worthi it in a budget system or with someone not very practiced in the art of tuning audio systems.

just my .02

mlstrass
12-15-2006, 09:36 AM
For a solid budget set up I'd go with REV coax's and a Profile amp. For just HU power I've had good luck with JBL coax's. If you got that route look for speakers with the highest dB efficiency as they'll get louder off of less power.