PDA

View Full Version : JVC......exad?

Frankensuby
12-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Ok, I do not know if anyone has experience with this or not.

I might have screwed up the internals of my current Pioneer DEH-6800MP and to get it fixed costs 20$ less than what I payed for it.

So if this is the case (I'll be testing the theory in roughly and hour) I need to shop for a new HU.

SO I'm looking into something that has a nice screen. I cam across a really nice JVC (don't shuddder yet) unit, referred to as the KD-AVX1 exad. Now, I have gone to Circuit city and tested this unit out personally. I'm not a fan of the motorized screens. The display is Immensely nice, and the sound was fairly awesome for it being JVC. I need to test it's floor noise, but other than that, it had great options and once againt he display was impeccable (sp?).

So, I can get ahold of one of these units for roughly 350$, vs. my other option, the Premier 980BT, which is roughly 400$

What would you guys do?

jmanpc
12-12-2006, 11:05 AM
The exad would be nice if you have an external equalier. IIRC, it's pretty much a bass-treble EQ. Not too much tweakage available.

hatemonger
12-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Ok, I do not know if anyone has experience with this or not.

I might have screwed up the internals of my current Pioneer DEH-6800MP and to get it fixed costs 20$ less than what I payed for it.

So if this is the case (I'll be testing the theory in roughly and hour) I need to shop for a new HU.

SO I'm looking into something that has a nice screen. I cam across a really nice JVC (don't shuddder yet) unit, referred to as the KD-AVX1 exad. Now, I have gone to Circuit city and tested this unit out personally. I'm not a fan of the motorized screens. The display is Immensely nice, and the sound was fairly awesome for it being JVC. I need to test it's floor noise, but other than that, it had great options and once againt he display was impeccable (sp?).

So, I can get ahold of one of these units for roughly 350$, vs. my other option, the Premier 980BT, which is roughly 400$

What would you guys do?

i run that jvc and i like it alot. just so you know, the avx2 is around 400 on ebay. it has more features.

hatemonger
12-12-2006, 11:07 AM
The exad would be nice if you have an external equalier. IIRC, it's pretty much a bass-treble EQ. Not too much tweakage available.

it has a built in 7 band eq.

hatemonger
12-12-2006, 11:10 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-KD-AVX2-3-5-MONITOR-DVD-MP3-PLAYER-KS-PD100-NEW_W0QQitemZ120063900665QQihZ002QQcategoryZ32825Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i put a review on the avx1 in the review section.

IonSQL
12-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Also keep in mind that the sub channel is only a 2 volt preout if that matters to you...

I've had a few different EXAD units in the last few years and didn't have any problems with them...

hatemonger
12-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Also keep in mind that the sub channel is only a 2 volt preout if that matters to you...

I've had a few different EXAD units in the last few years and didn't have any problems with them...

yeah. i did wish the sub out was 5 volts like the other 2 preouts.

IonSQL
12-12-2006, 11:15 AM
me too :(

Frankensuby
12-12-2006, 11:15 AM
kcdc - I actually meant to type the AVX2...whoops. I even searched it wrong.

IonSQL - as far as 2.0 volt pre-outs, I only had 2.2's on my Pioneer. Is it higher the number, the less you have to turn the gain up on the external (multi-channel for me) amplifier, no?

as far as external EQ's, I try to run as close to flatline as possible anyways.

Kcdc, does the back have 3 pre-outs? Rear channel, front channel, and Sub rear? Or atleast the equivalent of? I'm also worried about the motor. I see a few on E-bay with motor issues....

IonSQL
12-12-2006, 11:16 AM

IonSQL - as far as 2.0 volt pre-outs, I only had 2.2's on my Pioneer. Is it higher the number, the less you have to turn the gain up on the external (multi-channel for me) amplifier, no?

Kcdc, does the back have 3 pre-outs? Rear channel, front channel, and Sub rear? Or atleast the equivalent of? I'm also worried about the motor. I see a few on E-bay with motor issues....

Bingo... if you had 2.2v on the Pioneer it shouldn't be a big deal to switch as far as that goes...

hatemonger
12-12-2006, 11:17 AM

it does have rear, front and sub preouts. my faceplate has worked fine for the 8 months that i've had it.

Frankensuby
12-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Id actually preferr it to be the RCA's.... but I won't get my hopes up. I'll have an update in roughly an hour or so.

Frankensuby
12-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Well, my Head unit was the cause. I won't be getting a new head unit though, because I have existing warranty on the Pioneer.

Now I can spend the money on the Sub amp :)