PDA

View Full Version : Dodge guys..i got a question.

billabongcr
12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
alright..i took off my door panel to replace my components..ive had a set of kicker ks6.2's sittin in my room for a few months figured they are better in the truck than on the shelf..so i pulled the door apart, got everything taken apart and went to wire the speakers in and it has this little connector? its a gray square connector and the stock mid just plugs into it.

what the **** do i do with this thing? naturally the kicker components dont have this dodge connector..and i dont know how to get around it. my first thought was to cut the connector off and use the (what im guessing) is + and - wires running into the back of it and just hook into them manually. then i thought i should check with yall first..see what anybody had to say.

this is my first time putting in components..and i dont want to **** it up.

i have a 02 dodge dakota extended cab..and does anyone know what size stock mids are in the back? manual doesnt say.

dont make fun. first time. i want to do it right.

heyman421
12-11-2006, 07:57 PM
just regular old speaker wires

careful, tho, if there's 4 wires, the factory tweet (if there was one) probably relayed off of the woofer

billabongcr
12-11-2006, 07:59 PM
awesome, so just cut the connector off? theres only 2 wires..no factory tweets. naturally puttin some in tho

heyman421
12-11-2006, 08:03 PM
just find a wiring diagram for the colors, and that's all you need

if you just mount the x'overs in the doors, you'll be set.

billabongcr
12-11-2006, 08:08 PM
right on. pretty much everything i was thinking. and the 2 wires going into the connector are labeled, one has a black stripe, one doesnt. so im set on which ones which.

and wheres a good place to mount the crossovers in the door? to the inside of the door skin? glue?

acold7dusta
12-11-2006, 08:14 PM
dont cut the connection plug, buy the 5 dollar harnesses at best buy or run new speaker wire from your amp. dads got a 98 dakota, same thing, he mounted the x/o on a block and then glued the block to the inside of the door

billabongcr
12-11-2006, 08:16 PM
glad i asked

KaeZoo
12-11-2006, 08:51 PM
If you have a factory tweeter, then you probably have an Infinity system with a factory amp. If you're wiring in components you'll need to bypass the factory amp. Running new wire might be the easiest way to go, but if you bypass the amp and use the stock speaker wire you can mount the crossovers in the cabin instead of the door. It's always a good idea to keep the crossovers out of the doors, where possible.

billabongcr
12-11-2006, 08:56 PM
i know for a fact i dont have an Infinity system, or a factory amp. after i install my components my system will be complete.

and thanks for the recommendations yall