PDA

View Full Version : Who owns MB Quart now? Where are they made?

bumpin_blazer
12-11-2006, 03:42 PM
I am trying to remember this information but for the life of me my brain is going numb. I thought they got bought out by a US company like 2-4 years ago and are now being produced here? Or is that not the case.

Worlddre
12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
last time i checked maxxonics was the owner no clue about where they are made though

bumpin_blazer
12-11-2006, 03:51 PM
i need to google first lol. maxxsonics bought em' from RF late 05' but still are made in Germany with what maxx calls "a cross pollination" of MB's technology with Maxx's speaker design.

Rich B
12-11-2006, 03:54 PM
...still are made in Germany with what maxx calls "a cross pollination" of MB's technology with Maxx's speaker design.

So Maxxsonics doesnt think MB Quart knows how to design good speakers?

lol

:laugh:

jmanpc
12-11-2006, 04:02 PM
maxxsonics owns them, MBQ still makes and designs em

anthough when i saw their new bandpass subs, i threw up in my mouth a litlle.

DejaWiz
12-11-2006, 05:50 PM
although when i saw their new bandpass subs, i threw up in my mouth a litlle.

These (http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~MB%2520Quart~t~Enclosed%2520Subwoofers) ?

jmanpc
12-11-2006, 05:51 PM
yes

BassAce
12-11-2006, 05:56 PM

So did I, but I swallowed it. :yumyum:

PatFitz9
12-11-2006, 06:08 PM
me thinks MB has gone downhill since Maxxsonics took over. their HQ's are in good ol Illinois about 20 mins from my house. but they are probably made in China like everything else.

azbass
12-11-2006, 06:10 PM
psssh mbq

bumpin_blazer
12-11-2006, 10:04 PM
i've owned 1 set of MB speakers and they were coaxial's made in like 97' that had the seperate crossover.

j3bus2k3
12-11-2006, 10:10 PM
me thinks MB has gone downhill since Maxxsonics took over. their HQ's are in good ol Illinois about 20 mins from my house. but they are probably made in China like everything else.

And you think this why? Of all the times I've ever dealt with maxxsonics, their customer support has been nothing short of amazing. They've sent me free flush-mount pieces a number of times as well as offering techincal assistance with no extraordinary hold time. Unless you've used equipment from pre-RF buyout, during their RF ownership period, and now during their Maxxsonics ownership, I dont think you have much room to judge. And just to add, my set of 6.5" components and 6x9's all came with german/english manuals and a little stamp taht said made in Germany...

jmanpc
12-11-2006, 10:12 PM
ive had good luck with maxxsonics. i had a pair of xovers blow and they sent me brand new ones no questions asked.

PremierAudio
12-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Beleive me when I say not much is changed with the MBQ line from Maxx. The guys from Maxxx only bought out 52% of the share of MBquart (RF had 74% I believe), The original shareholders were contacted back by Maxx to bring back MBQ reputation from what RF tore apart. - This was said to me from our rep. He also said that the MBQ Sig line is untouched by any thoughts or finger of and Maxx rep, so in a way they are pure, i guess you can call it that, Authentic hand made MB Quart straight from Germany.

.....This is all hearsay so do not hold me to it, but it does show in the products they make...

mjbailey21
12-11-2006, 11:04 PM

IgnoreMe
12-13-2006, 11:40 PM
my mbquart amp ***** diiiick. had it for a few months. something ****ed up, now it dont work. sending it in for warranty...

DetroitBass
12-14-2006, 01:02 AM
my mbquart amp ***** diiiick. had it for a few months. something ****ed up, now it dont work. sending it in for warranty...

Until you know it wasn't caused my misuse or abuse, you shouldn't make statements like that.

Prowler573
12-14-2006, 04:37 AM

These (http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist%7Eb%7EMB%2520Quart%7Et%7EEnclosed%2520Sub woofers)?
Those would be them, yes.

Marketing, gentlemen, marketing. Other companies have shown that easy profits can be garnered by selling lower-quality gear with a little "flash" (think Audiobahn) and move more units that you could imagine.

Sell enclosures/subs/lighting combos that likely cost $80 or so (if not less) to produce and move 'em for $230 aaaallllll day long and twice on Sunday.

They are, after all, in business to make money. :fyi:

95stroked1500
12-14-2006, 01:15 PM
even though they're a german company, if they have comps down in the $200 range, i bet they're made in the orient. with their high end being made in germany.

american and european made products are more expensive. you pay for build quality and precision.

WhoSayWho?
12-14-2006, 03:46 PM
my mbquart amp ***** diiiick.

I have been looking for an amp that could do that.

OldOneEye
12-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Its sad people are guessing. Here is what I can say. They have a plant in Germany. Rockford didn't use them to their full capacity so its hard to make money when you can't lay people off. Maxxsonics is making headphones there, is making home speakers and car audio. They also added marine speakers to the mix. So they are making much more with the same amount of people, so the costs go down.

Also, it can't be hard to envision a high end of Hifonics speakers being made in Germany at the same plant, or doing OEM work for other guys as well.

Again, the reason others had a hard time was overcapacity and no way of being able to lower overhead because of laws in Germany on laying off employees.

Not only that, MB Quart Germany gave Maxxsonics a distribution center to base their European operations from. So while RF had a plant in Europe that was expensive that wasn't being used to its fullest, Maxxsonics has added more products as well as leveraged the use of the building for other Maxxsonic brands.

So while you can argue that things are worse under Maxxsonics, they have taken several steps to make production in Germany sustainable.

Juan