PDA

View Full Version : Ok I can admit it, I am a NOOB, everybody, help me out...

tukn18s
12-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I am pretty new to the car audio scene, well, new to really tuning it, as opposed to just hooking stuff up and hoping its loud :cool: lol I have an alpine 9855, considering getting rid of it to run the 9860/9861 with the h701 combo, or even just buying the 701 with the controller. What I am wondering, is it really worth the extra cash? Does it improve the sound that much? And the kicker, how exactly does it work? as far as hooking it up, and so on. Can you still run the 420 ipod adapter? And how hard is it to adjust to the settings that allow for maximum SQ? I know these are noobish questions, and I have done a search, but most of what I found were people that already knew everything about the unit, debating over which unit is better. Any help would be appreciated.

alphakenny1
12-11-2006, 03:47 PM
this is again too vague. what exactly are you gonna be running? the only reason why i would get the h701 is either to run a 3 way front stage + sub. or you want to run a 5.1 setup in your car. or if down the road you plan to run either of those two. if not, then i'd just keep the 9855. it has plenty of built in processing to get your by.

tukn18s
12-11-2006, 07:09 PM
alrighty then, i will only be running a set of rainbow germs in the near future with a sub, and some rear fill but thatll be powered from the deck amplifier...