PDA

View Full Version : help me make a decision between these two.

wcarson8911
12-08-2006, 11:46 PM
okay here's the deal. I need a new headunit and i'm stuck between the Alpine 9856 and the Pioneer 7800. Please don't just do quick reply and say "alpine ***** in 06, get the pioneer", money is an issue. The pioneer is $320 brand new with warranty, and installation parts. The 9856 is brand new no warranty with full speed ipod cable for $140. I know the pioneer has better...everything. but is it really twice as worth it. I like the alpine's full speed ipod but hate the boring look. I love the pioneers controls and hate the price. Input?

icpurplepplalot
12-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Why not look on ebay or something like that for a used or cheaper hu

wcarson8911
12-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Why not look on ebay or something like that for a used or cheaper hu

because i like to play with the HU in person before i buy it so i can get a feel for it and the controls.

ravendarat
12-09-2006, 01:29 AM
If money is a huge issue than go with the Alpine as Im sure you'll be happy with either head unit. There is a reason why the Pioneer is worth more but if money is a big factor than dont sweat it because Im sure both head units are fine. (I have personal experience with the pioneer but not with the Alpine so I cant comment to much on the difference between them.

icpurplepplalot
12-09-2006, 11:08 AM
because i like to play with the HU in person before i buy it so i can get a feel for it and the controls.

Oh ok I gotcha, well if your on a tight budget I would go with the Alpine, it seems to be a pretty good HU. Are those the only 2 barnds you are looking at though? Just curious.

wcarson8911
12-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Oh ok I gotcha, well if your on a tight budget I would go with the Alpine, it seems to be a pretty good HU. Are those the only 2 barnds you are looking at though? Just curious.

yes and no i like eclipse's control but they're so ****ed ugly

edit* i decided on the 7800, it was way too cool to pass up