PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Help

njmusicman33
12-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Im new to the whole car audio thing, and wanna improve on my Altima's speakers first. I need to know whether i should replace the stock speakers in the front doors first rather than the two in the back, or replace the back two first. I also need help on sizes. If anyone has any advice, im looking for something that really bumps and handles a lot of bass frequently. Im open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Ross

Johnny Drama
12-08-2006, 08:39 PM
I think you need to look at other options too...

You have an upgraded headunit?
If yes, upgrade your front speakers
If no upgrade this first...probly the best thing you can do at that point

You have headunit and small amp?
If Yes, get a good set of front speakers and deaden your doors well to get the full "bass" potential out fo them.
If No, invest in a small amp to push the speakers you plan to buy. ( 9 times out of 10 this will be a major improvement over the headunit for power.

Upgrade the back speakers last, you want it to sound good for you, and what sounds good for you up front will sound good for every seat, rear included.

njmusicman33
12-08-2006, 08:46 PM
i think i want to keep my stock head unit, because i like the steering wheel controls and im more partial to the stock look in the interior rather than going with the head unit. If i want to keep everything else stock, what speakers should i put into the front doors to improve the sound. im not looking to win any contests i just want to be able to turn it up high and pump up the bass without distorting the sound and blowing anything out.

NoviceGuru
12-08-2006, 09:27 PM
then you need to go to a site like onlinecarstereo and look at speakers in your price range. if your not doing anything special to doors or anything then i would find some under or just above 100 dollars. and then search for a few you like and check out their sensitivity. if your not adding power to them then you need to get very sensitive speakers to work well at low power. and look at frequency response. if they have low frequency respones then you well get that lower sounding bass.

with only door speaker upgrading that is as much advice as i can give you. also just to add more sound you can go down to walmart and get a little sub system.

Johnny Drama
12-09-2006, 10:24 AM
i think i want to keep my stock head unit, because i like the steering wheel controls and im more partial to the stock look in the interior rather than going with the head unit. If i want to keep everything else stock, what speakers should i put into the front doors to improve the sound. im not looking to win any contests i just want to be able to turn it up high and pump up the bass without distorting the sound and blowing anything out.

Look for some polk or eclipse co-axles

If you can, invest in a small amp.

mlstrass
12-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Here's a solid budget set up that will get loud, but don't expect bass out of your door speakers, that's what a sub is for.

Profile AP1040 80x4

2 sets of Pioneer REV 6.5" coax's. Although some Altima's take a 5x7 up front, but you can make them fit.

The amp comes with LOC's to hook up to your factory HU.