PDA

View Full Version : Static from one speakers

89montero
12-08-2006, 01:32 AM
I replaced the stock speakers in my 89 montero with new alpine 6.5" sps-17c2 about a week ago. The rear ones went in the stock locations but I had to custom mount the front ones in the doors since it had like 3 1/4 dash speakers stock.

I'm getting static from the front right speaker. I notice it when the volumes is either turned down to zero or when the HU is set to CD or aux but there is no CD in or Ipod plugged in, basically if the HU is on but not playing sound. It is reasonably loud and only from this speaker. I assume it still exists when I play music because I'm not too impressed with the sound clarity.

The only thing I can think of is, I had to solder speaker wire to the end of the stock wire in the dash and run it down into the door and to the speaker but the front right wire runes right by the computer and the wiring harnesses that plug into the computer(they are actually touching) could this be causing interference?

Anyone have any ideas.

netherland24
12-08-2006, 01:34 AM
does it get louder when u hit the gas?

89montero
12-08-2006, 01:38 PM
I tied reving the engine while it was doing that but it didn't seem to make any difference. Ity will also have the static if the engine is off the the key is in the "battery on" position.
Again this onyl hapenes when the HU is on but it isn't playing anything. If I turn music on then I can't tell, and if the HU is turned completly off then there is no static.

Torgus
12-08-2006, 03:12 PM
check your grounds?

89montero
12-08-2006, 11:22 PM
everything seems fine the only thing I can think of is, when I conected the tabs on the speakers wires I just used a pliers to crush clamp them together. Should I have soldered them? Would that cause static?