PDA

View Full Version : Think rear speakers are blown. Which should I get?

CJohnson85
12-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm pretty sure I blew the speakers but everytime the bass hits loud, I hear this rattling noise and it sounds like it's coming from the back speakers. The bass seems to be alright.

My question:

What speakers are the best for my ride with a system? I have an 04 GT Mustang
with 2 12" JL W1v2 subs. I would like clearer sounds (highs and lows??) in the speakers, although the stock Mach series were decent. But now that they are blown, what is my best bet?

And how much will this run me money wise?

For installation and everything.

I would like to replace all the speakers in the car.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it

enzowho
12-07-2006, 10:09 PM
My suggestion before you go out and drop some money on new ones is to make sure your speakers are the problem. The rattling you hear might just be that...rattling. Turn the fade all the way up front and listen again. If the rattling goes away either your speakers are either messed up OR you are sending them a clipped signal. If not then chances are the rear deck, trunk lid or something else is rattling.

CJohnson85
12-07-2006, 11:51 PM
I do have the trunk dynamated, and the noise is clearly coming fromt the back, but I will test the fade to make sure.

Thanks

96GTIVR6
12-08-2006, 05:47 AM
I've put Infinity Kappa co-axials in a few cars just like yours to replace the factory Mach system, they sounded good and they aren't very expensive. Those get the nod from me if in fact your Mach's are blown.

96GTIVR6
12-08-2006, 05:48 AM
Yay for my 200th post on this name actually trying to give real advice.