PDA

View Full Version : Don't know where to start looking. I have an Alpine 9811 want an IPOD hookup.

carsRcool415
12-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Well, this is my first post. I'm not very educated on cars, sorry excuse me, I'm a female. Well anyways, as I put in the title, I don't know where to start. I wanted to get a christmas gift for my boyfriend by getting a ipod hookup for his 9811 alpine deck. I don't know much about car audio so I don't know what exactly would work out best. All I know is that I need something compatible with this deck and that would have the best quality, as well as be within my budget. I heard about a kca-420i, but I don't know about the quality, if it would be compatible, and I don't know if I would also need to purchase cables seperately or if everything comes in the package. I also heard about a Monster ICruze, but I don't know about the quality or compatibility of this either. Does anyone know what would be the best sound quality option for a compatible Ipod connection to a Alpine cda-9811 deck? I'm not too intrested in a FM transmitter however, because those tend to have bad or static quality. Thanks for any help!

Sorry it's so long...i'm so new at this. :rolleyes:

Hintzyboy
12-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Well, this is my first post. I'm not very educated on cars, sorry excuse me, I'm a female. Well anyways, as I put in the title, I don't know where to start. I wanted to get a christmas gift for my boyfriend by getting a ipod hookup for his 9811 alpine deck. I don't know much about car audio so I don't know what exactly would work out best. All I know is that I need something compatible with this deck and that would have the best quality, as well as be within my budget. I heard about a kca-420i, but I don't know about the quality, if it would be compatible, and I don't know if I would also need to purchase cables seperately or if everything comes in the package. I also heard about a Monster ICruze, but I don't know about the quality or compatibility of this either. Does anyone know what would be the best sound quality option for a compatible Ipod connection to a Alpine cda-9811 deck? I'm not too intrested in a FM transmitter however, because those tend to have bad or static quality. Thanks for any help!

Sorry it's so long...i'm so new at this. :rolleyes:

Get a Peripheral Electronics Connex2Car PXA06. It is an adapter that allow you to plug the ipod into the Alpine's Ai-Net CD Changer input (I checked and the 9811 has Ai-Net, so it's compatible). It also charges the iPod and allows you to control it from the HU. These are available at most Best Buys (that's ehre I bought mine) for around $40. You don't need anything else. No external boxes, nothing.

Manufacturer Web page: http://peripheralelectronics.com/prodDetail.asp?strProductID=466&strCategory=iPod%20Solutions&strSearch=

You can buy it here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7709189&st=pxa06&type=product&id=1138087488737

96GTIVR6
12-08-2006, 02:29 PM
You also could always just go with a KCA-121B, the Alpine Ai-Net to RCA adaptor.

Hintzyboy
12-08-2006, 02:40 PM
I don't think that will let you charge th iPod or control it from the HU. I blieve the KCA-420i or whatever it's called is a tad slow too.

96GTIVR6
12-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Deleted.

96GTIVR6
12-08-2006, 07:54 PM
I don't think that will let you charge th iPod or control it from the HU. I blieve the KCA-420i or whatever it's called is a tad slow too.

It doesn't charge the iPod from the headunit like the peripheral part does. Every single one of those Peripheral parts we got at my shop were defective though (at least for Alpine). They DO NOT control the iPod though, not really sure where you got that bit of mis-information from? The 9811 is not compatible with the KCA-420i either.

Hintzyboy
12-08-2006, 10:06 PM
I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that the Peripheral lets you control from the HU. I don't remember where, but whatever. I don't see how a simple cable can be defective though. Did your units have Ai-Net with V-Link? I'll have to post my experience in a few weeks when I do my install.

96GTIVR6
12-08-2006, 10:13 PM
They were from the first batch. Peripheral has changed the part and part number since then, I believe (but don't hold me to it) that the part we recieved that was defective was a PDPX06? or something similar. Both pieces do the same thing, and it won't offer iPod control just auxillary input and charging of the iPod.

Hintzyboy
12-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh well, I like the iPod's controls anyway. I know a lot of those interfaces only let you search certain ways and stuff. That's why I'm modding a Motorola Q holster to hold the iPod on my dash.