PDA

View Full Version : Morel Audio!?

Echo42987
12-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Well my work finally picked up an amazing speaker brand and I was curious of what everyones input was on these speakers...

I was planning on getting the

Morel ELATE63W for the fronts....
http://www.abtelectronics.com/product/26554.html

and

Morel INTEGRAX06 for the rears
http://www.abtelectronics.com/product/26556.html

I'm gonna keep my same amp. I've already heard the speakers but our wall setup ***** major so I know they'll sound 3x times better in the car but I was curious to who has hands on experiance w/ them?

-Nick-

heyman421
12-07-2006, 12:05 PM
it depends, there's US manufactured morels, and israeli manufactured morels

they're both ok, but the ones made in israel are supposedly better

6spdcoupe
12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Great choice, but due to the high Qts of the Elate midbass they really need to be enclosed for them to truly shine.

3.5Max6spd
12-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Great choice, but due to the high Qts of the Elate midbass they really need to be enclosed for them to truly shine.

Brain fart. I think you mean lower Qts....

6spdcoupe
12-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Doh ! Indeed

frankiebones
12-07-2006, 03:03 PM
i have the morel hybrid ovation 6 (2 way) components, and i am obsessed with morels. i plan on getting the elate 3 ways u r looking at in my next car when my lease is up, which happens to coincide with my graduation from law school, and hopefully, an increase in my earning potential. i am tentatively looking at the RS4.

i think heyman421 is confused. a few years ago, there was a legal battle for the name 'morel' between two warring factions of the family that started the company. there were 2 companies putting out very similar speakers, one named morel and the other named MorelUSA. now, that battle is settled.

check out this link, it explains everything:
http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=6428

i know how amazing my 2 ways sound, and they are powered by a kicker kx650.4 (not exactly a zapco) that is bridged into approx 290 W per side, run passively. i can only imagine how great the elate 3 way sounds. unreal speakers, make sure u give them plenty of juice.

also, bob morrow, the head of tech support for morel in north america, is one of the most knowledgable guys i have ever spoken to, and i even have his cell number. he also is one of the big tech guys at dyn audio.

frankiebones
12-07-2006, 03:04 PM
thought u might wanna read these 2 reviews of the elate 3 way:

http://www.morelhifi.com/media/pdf/reviews/mobile/Elate/performance%20autosound%200106.pdf

http://www.morelhifi.com/media/pdf/reviews/mobile/Elate/car%20audio%20and%20electronics%200205.pdf

theothermike
12-07-2006, 03:33 PM
ty for info, i learned something today.

O NICE SELECTION ON COMPS

Very nice.

Mike

6spdcoupe
12-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Just to clarify, Bob is the head tech, but has no affiliation with Dynaudio. You can call him, but Id suggest waiting until Monday as hes currently on vacation in Hawaii. ;)

frankiebones
12-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Just to clarify, Bob is the head tech, but has no affiliation with Dynaudio. You can call him, but Id suggest waiting until Monday as hes currently on vacation in Hawaii. ;)

u know bob? u must be pretty cool urself, lol.

honestly, the first time i called him i feel like i learned more in that hour and a half than i did in my entire first year of law school. he's such a good guy, and he knows his sh*t to a point that is mindboggling.

good to know he takes the occasional vacation too.

p.s. i couldve sworn that he told me he reps another company as well, and that that company was dyn audio. did he used to work for them?

6spdcoupe
12-07-2006, 04:07 PM

honestly, the first time i called him i feel like i learned more in that hour and a half than i did in my entire first year of law school. he's such a good guy, and he knows his sh*t to a point that is mindboggling.

p.s. i couldve sworn that he told me he reps another company as well, and that that company was dyn audio. did he used to work for them?

Yes I do know him. Im both a rep for the Northeast as well as a dealer for them and Dyn.

Ahh yes he is a rep, but not employeed by or a tech for Dyn. Just very knowledgeable. If he was a tech for both companies, that would be some ultimate treason ! ;)

Echo42987
12-08-2006, 03:03 AM
Awesome guys I'm glad for all the input. This will be my first 3 way setup as well! I'm going to be replacing the Boston Acoustics so hopefully it's well worth it!

-Nick-

slick rick
12-08-2006, 03:10 AM

Does that mean you know more about speaker design that contracts? because I feel the same way, yet I have an exam on that subject on Monday. :(

96GTIVR6
12-08-2006, 06:39 AM
I have hands on experience with them... why not link to Morel's website instead of an online site? The three ways sound great. I'm sure you'll enjoy them (especially at the price employee's get).
James Grammes is a great guy to talk to about speakers, and is who I'm sure you'd end up talking to if you are a dealer and order direct. Never heard of a Bob at Morel, then again I haven't called for a few months.

6spdcoupe
12-08-2006, 08:44 AM
I have hands on experience with them... why not link to Morel's website instead of an online site? The three ways sound great. I'm sure you'll enjoy them (especially at the price employee's get).
James Grammes is a great guy to talk to about speakers, and is who I'm sure you'd end up talking to if you are a dealer and order direct. Never heard of a Bob at Morel, then again I haven't called for a few months.

Jim = Director of Sales

Bob = Tech dept

If youve never used tech support, that would be why you dont know him. ;)

96GTIVR6
12-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Jim = Director of Sales

Bob = Tech dept

If youve never used tech support, that would be why you dont know him. ;)

That would indeed be it, never had a problem with their gear :)

frankiebones
12-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Does that mean you know more about speaker design that contracts? because I feel the same way, yet I have an exam on that subject on Monday. :(

i know much more about the law than i do car audio. let me make a suggestion to u, my 1L friend, get the emanuel 'law in a flash' series flashcards for contracts. www.barristerbooks.com

frankiebones
12-09-2006, 09:48 PM
That would indeed be it, never had a problem with their gear :)

never had a problem either, but before bridging my amp, i wanted to go over the specs of my amp with someone at morel so i didnt blow them sky high

slick rick
12-10-2006, 12:37 AM
i know much more about the law than i do car audio. let me make a suggestion to u, my 1L friend, get the emanuel 'law in a flash' series flashcards for contracts. www.barristerbooks.com

Thanks bro. My friends roomate has them and I used them tonight actually( a ton of flash cards)...I have read Emanuel Torts outline and I'm in the process of reading Emanuel Contracts. :)

WhoSayWho?
12-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Thanks bro. My friends roomate has them and I used them tonight actually( a ton of flash cards)...I have read Emanuel Torts outline and I'm in the process of reading Emanuel Contracts. :)

If you have a chance read Farnsworth on Contracts :yumyum: :yumyum:
and Prosser on Torts :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

Actually, save yourself a ton of cash and just buy the Barbri review outlines -- and never attend class or read a case again

frankiebones
12-10-2006, 02:59 AM
If you have a chance read Farnsworth on Contracts :yumyum: :yumyum:
and Prosser on Torts :yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

Actually, save yourself a ton of cash and just buy the Barbri review outlines -- and never attend class or read a case again

i have read both of those hornbooks. very detailed.

WhoSayWho?
12-10-2006, 03:18 AM
get your hands on the Brabri -- you will save more than enough money to buy a shirt.