PDA

View Full Version : Alpine SPR-17LS vs. Infinity REF6010CS

ninjfour
12-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Hey, new guy here. Fairly new to the car audio stuff, but I know some basics. Wanted to replace my crappy stock speakers earlier, so I kinda skimped out and put in some pretty crappy..but better than stock ones, and yeah, now I regret it. I work at Best Buy, so I was looking at the speakers there, and the two highest end speakers that they carry are the Alpine SPR-17LS's and the Infinity REF6010CS's.

So which ones you guys would say are better? I know they aren't the best things in the world (heck it's from best buy..) but with my employee discount, I can't really complain I'm looking for more of a bassy sound, and my friend suggested the Alpines for that. What you guys think?

96GTIVR6
12-08-2006, 06:56 AM
If you work at Best Buy, you should be able to special order some better speakers then those. I would try and get your hands on some Alpine Type-X's. Otherwise though I would say go with the SPR's, they are a better speaker then the Reference 6010CS's (which are comparable to the Alpine SPS line).

Trancer
12-08-2006, 02:57 PM
I have had both....... Go with the Type R's if you dont have any other options. Hands down, no question about it.

I had both sets on the same amp... Infinity's are blown. Type R's took the amp fine for over a year and I bought them used from a member on the board. Type R's got way louder, played harder, better mid bass.

I absolutly hate the Infinity References. They wont get loud at all. I got them just to get by because I was low on funds after I bought my Titan with the down payment, but wanted better than stock.

ty1er
12-08-2006, 04:30 PM
The Infinity REF6010CS are alittle to bright for my likings.

ninjfour
12-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Ah, alrighty. Looks like the Alpines are the ones for me then. Thanks guys!

Trancer
12-08-2006, 07:06 PM
The Infinity REF6010CS are alittle to bright for my likings.

Too bright? I couldnt get them to shine. About as dim as a solar eclipse :p: