PDA

View Full Version : crackly sound from speakers

blackhawk911
12-05-2006, 09:20 PM
I just installed my new HU today, I pop in a cd to see if it plays. It plays alright but if I put it on mute or put the volume really low I can hear this crackly sound, Its like if you have the volume all the way up on a speaker but no song is coming out you get this crackly sound. Does anyone know what this is or can relate to?

I do have 2 factory installed amps.

azbass
12-05-2006, 09:22 PM
sounds like floor noise.

blackhawk911
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Its not floor noise b/c I wasnt moving and the engine wasnt on just on the accessory postion. Could it be a loose or bad ground to do this?

azbass
12-05-2006, 10:16 PM
floor noise does not have to do with moving or haveing the engin on..

azbass
12-05-2006, 10:17 PM
also what car? and you should have bypassed teh factory amps...

acold7dusta
12-05-2006, 10:19 PM
same thing happens to me, not going to hurt anything, and you dont hear it while moving anyways

DeViOuSoNe
12-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Probally a ford, What else has 2 FACTORY amps? I know most fords do..Anything else?

Torgus
12-06-2006, 05:31 PM
reground your headunit. don't use the stock ground in the ireing harness. it's possible your new harness has a ground connector that isn't it the molex connector correctly and making bad contact. just reground it anyways stock grounds can be flimsy and some HUs are more succeptable to a bad ground then others. i'd bet this is your problem...then check your grounds on your amps but if you didn't mess with them they should be fine...never hurts to check though.

blackhawk911
12-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Its a 96 Infiniti G20, NOT a Ford.

Yes I have the factory amps for the speakers like I said, but I dont know if there bypassed with the new wireing harness or not. Im guess that they didnt get bypassed. By my guess I would say that the stock amps are what is making that sound come from the speakers.

I did change the grounds around and tryed a direct to the frame of the car but it didnt solve the problem. I havnt changed or did anything with the stock amps.