PDA

View Full Version : Box Plans. Tell me what you all think! lookin for opinions!

Supergumby5000
12-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Well, i was bored in my drafting class today at school, so i threw this together real quick. These are my plans for a box fitted to the cargo area of my explorer. Its just a rough draft so isnt exact to measurement or anything, but its pretty close, give or take an inch or two.

If its hard to see, the plan is two sealed enclosures (one for each sub) inside of a larger "enclosure" thats fitted to the cargo area. Im still not sure if i want to go sealed enclosures or ported enclosures though, what do you all think? I will most likely be running two 15" Alpine Type-R's with a Hifonics XX-herc.

Gimme some feedback! :cool:

-Devin

Supergumby5000
12-05-2006, 06:52 PM
little bigger pic at http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7406&catid=member&imageuser=22656

MikeyB
12-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Looks cool but you dont need the side pieces for the larger "enclosure", just the front, top and back.

btw what program did you use?

Supergumby5000
12-05-2006, 06:56 PM
thanks for the opinion mikeyb. yeah i'll prolly end up doing that, but i wanted to throw the sides on there to see what it came out like.

I use a few programs. This one is done in Rhinoceros. I didnt use the rendering though, its just in a "ghost" rendered view, as the program calls it.

HannaS10
12-05-2006, 06:57 PM
thanks for the opinion mikeyb. yeah i'll prolly end up doing that, but i wanted to throw the sides on there to see what it came out like.

I use a few programs. This one is done in Rhinoceros. I didnt use the rendering though, its just in a "ghost" rendered view, as the program calls it.

rhino is a good program. i used it in my drafting class too.

Supergumby5000
12-05-2006, 07:19 PM
before i leave for work bump! :)