PDA

View Full Version : Don't want to get ride of stock HU.

chevypwr
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Since my truck is the base model work truck, I want to keep it clean and simple without any chrome or neon dials. I just upgraded to a Delphi CD player currently found in the LS model silverado's. I actually like the clean look, and it fits like it should. My question is can I still use this HU? Some kid said I can't build a system with a stock one, My brother said theres an adapter or somthing I can use. Who's right?

attached is my new head unit

jmanpc
12-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes, you can buy an adaptor. Do you want just a subwoofer, or a complete system?

Chevyaudio
12-05-2006, 12:47 PM
There are a few ways you can go about doing this...If you just want a subwoofer, you get get a Line Output Converter (LOC for short). This will give you a set of RCA preouts for an amplifiers input. Then all you would need to run are power and ground cables, and a 12v switched wire. If you want to upgrade you door speakers, you can do a few things...

Direct swap out with Co-ax speakers/components
Use a LOC to run a front stage amplifer, and amplify your mids.
Or go all out and purchase an OEM interface like the JL Audio Cleansweep, or Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.

There are a ton of options with an OEM HU.

chevypwr
12-05-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm eventually gonna replace all the speakers. That cleansweep is trick, I might have to look into one.

Calikid
12-05-2006, 03:31 PM
LOC is your best friend

rdzm50
12-05-2006, 03:33 PM
if you don't get the fancy lil JL thing... you could just get a 10$ converter for the subs for now.......

pickup1
12-05-2006, 03:37 PM
rockford has a nice piece too,like the cleansweep.