PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Aux In with Ipod=ATT

viperrgh2
12-04-2006, 08:40 PM
I have 2 dif pioneer head units in 2 dif cars both have the auxilary in jack. Whenever I try to plug my ipod into the aux jack it just says att and makes the volume 0 and doesnt let me do anything or play any music untill its out.. Why is it doing this?

azbass
12-04-2006, 08:41 PM
it does that right as you plug it in?

KaeZoo
12-04-2006, 08:43 PM
My guess is that you've somehow connected the iPod adapter wiring to the yellow/black wire on the back of the Pioneer head unit, which is the cell-mute input. Activating the iPod grounds the wire and causes your head unit to mute. I haven't seen this particular problem before, but it's the only thing that fits the symptoms.

billabongcr
12-04-2006, 08:45 PM
My guess is that you've somehow connected the iPod adapter wiring to the yellow/black wire on the back of the Pioneer head unit, which is the cell-mute input. Activating the iPod grounds the wire and causes your head unit to mute. I haven't seen this particular problem before, but it's the only thing that fits the symptoms.

i concur.

viperrgh2
12-04-2006, 08:52 PM
I put the auxiary stereo cable into the head unit, does nothing head unit works norma then once I put the ipod up to the wire it does this.. It does the same thing in two diffrent cars with two diffrent pioneer head units? Does anyone here use an ipod with a pioneer aux in jack?

04silverz
12-04-2006, 10:29 PM
is the adapter meant at all for an ipod?
ive done the same thing, generic rca adapter to 1/8" plug on my eclipse cdplayer. it works most of the time but sometimes makes the cd player freak out and start switching between radio, cdp, and aux input.
i know its not the same symptom but i guess if its a generic adapter it just goes to show we should get actual adapters.
quick sidenote, check out crutchfield. they seem to have some decent dealson ipod adapters.

heyman421
12-04-2006, 10:49 PM
maybe the headphone jack on the ipod is showing the adapter an open ground, and the head unit is going into protect

viperrgh2
12-05-2006, 08:38 AM
the jack on the back of my head unit is a 1/8 head phone style jack I use a 1/8 stereo male to male cord to the ipod...

KaeZoo
12-05-2006, 09:17 AM
If there are two 1/8" jacks, make sure you're plugged into the right one.

If there's only one jack, it's not an aux input at all. It's a jack for a wired remote controller, and when you turn on the iPod the head unit thinks it's a remote sending a mute signal.

viperrgh2
12-05-2006, 11:28 PM
There is only one jack and if nots an aux input then where is the aux input thats advertised on the head unit. One of them is not even a jack on the back its a black wire labled aux in on it..

KaeZoo
12-06-2006, 09:31 AM
If it's a 1/8" jack on a pigtail on the back of your DEH-P80MP then it's a wired remote input. To get an aux input on that head unit, you need a P-bus adapter like the CD-RB10 or CD-RB20. A few newer Pioneer CD players have 1/8" input jacks on the back IN ADDITION to the wired remote input, but if there's only one jack, it's for a remote.

RTFM.