PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to fiberglass?

billabongcr
12-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Looking for my new truck..dont really know how long its gunna take. Could be tomorrow, could be 3 months. Just got to find one i like.

Now my plans are to get a regular cab truck with big horsepower. And naturally when your concerned with horsepower, one of your enemies is weight. Now my impression (as i havent researched it at all) fiberglass is lighter. But unfortunately, i dont know how to fiberglass. I have 2 SSD 10's, running off a Soundstream PCA-2000d.

How difficult is it to fiberglass? Is it something I can do in my garage? Im 18, i've built all my previous boxes up to this point. (for my 12w7, my solox12, 2 12 MT's, and my old SSD box for my dakota) I wouldnt say they were exactly professional, but they got the job done.

I just dont know anything about fiberglassing. Basically i just want to know what im getting into. Is it something someone with 0 knowledge of it should do..or would i just be better off going to a shop and having it done. Or could someone on the forum do it for me, being paid ofcoarse :)

orphe
12-03-2006, 07:04 PM
..or would i just be better off going to a shop and having it done.
:dont:
and check out this thread
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1880833#post1880833

azbass
12-03-2006, 07:09 PM
fiberglass whats that?

billabongcr
12-03-2006, 07:23 PM
that looks wayy too hard..i dont mean to sound lazy but its a huge project around my house to even get a box built..****..

azbass
12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
a strong fiberglass box is still not that light.. yes you can do it in your garage. yes its easy. you would still be useing wood. to build a "frame"

dbornotdb
12-04-2006, 10:21 AM
You can get me with a PM or on AIM and we can discuss your options if your interested.

xtremekustomz
12-04-2006, 11:00 AM
...Or could someone on the forum do it for me, being paid ofcoarse :)

Get up with me. We will see what we can work out.