PDA

View Full Version : Best (inexpensive) Headrest Monitors

BuffaloSS
12-03-2006, 07:30 PM
I've thought more and more about doing headrest video in my 2006 Impala SS and have decided to do it myself. I'm planning to get a set of extra SS headrests so that i can take my time and do it right. Any tips/tricks to getting it right the first time? Any decent write-ups with guide pictures out there?

Now, where are the best deals on decent-quality montiors? I'm not paying $400/ea for the real big-name brands, though. I'm looking for a pair of monitors for less than that price...i think 7" is what i'd need.

What features should i be looking for?

I'd like a set that comes with wireless headphones but could also be wired to the speakers, should i choose to do so. I'd settle for wired headphones, though, as the distance between the seatback and the passenger is not all that far and you don't need to worry about tripping over them like in a van.

I'd also need a set with at least 2 inputs, which seems standard on the ones i've seen on eBay.

For the DVD player, i'd like something compact that i could mount to the rear of the (smaller) rear fold-down seatback. It would need to be able to handle mounting vertically. I also considered fabbing a wooden/carpeted box on the exhaust hump at the feet of the rear seats.

Any thoughts? Know of any deals? I know i can get the Headrests through a member at www.naioa.com for $120, but i've seen them on eBay for less, so for everything i'm thinking $600 or so...and if done right i can sell my headrests for what i pay for them, so i'm back down to $500.

Thanks for any help!

6spdcoupe
12-04-2006, 02:46 AM
http://www.myronanddavis.com/

Not quite 'cheap' but you wont be ripping apart you OEMs either.