PDA

View Full Version : radio picking up static

Jake95
12-03-2006, 02:14 PM
So, my radio picks up a lot of static, and i am thinking that it may just need a new antena , if not, what do you all suggest

djman37
12-03-2006, 02:17 PM
what radio? what amp do you have?

phyphoestilic
12-03-2006, 02:19 PM
first make sure ur antena is actually hooked up, like my car the antena is powered so it comes up, but it only works with the stock stereo cuse there's something in the system that tells it to come up. So with an aftermarket head unit the antena doesnt even come up anymore, radio still works but it kinda sux.

Jake95
12-04-2006, 07:06 PM
what radio? what amp do you have?

i have a kenwood KDC 1028, and there shouldnt be anything wrong with the radio, and the speakers are hooked up to the radio, so powering off of that, they didnt have a problem before, but now it does

Jake95
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
first make sure ur antena is actually hooked up, like my car the antena is powered so it comes up, but it only works with the stock stereo cuse there's something in the system that tells it to come up. So with an aftermarket head unit the antena doesnt even come up anymore, radio still works but it kinda sux.

yeah, i have checked the connection, and i unhooked and rehooked the antena in the back of the radio, but my antena always stays up