PDA

View Full Version : Friend sold me brand new Alpine Type S components.

AVSTANG02
12-03-2006, 02:05 PM
He got CDTs instead.

I am hoping these 6.5 components will be an improvement over my JBL coaxials.

I have a few questions tho..

2002 Mustang.. no mach.. dead doors..

Where is the ideal spot for the tweeters? I was thinking lower corners of the windshield pointed towards the center of the car.

He also gave me a set of baffles or something? it looks like a cover for the back of the speaker its made of plastic he said it will improve midbass? Should i just toss these in the garbage?

Anyone used these speakers b4?

smd4life
12-03-2006, 02:07 PM
if you could mount them in the door panel near the mid...i would

Astyl
12-03-2006, 02:07 PM
mount the tweeter as close to the woofer as you can

2kchevy06civic
12-03-2006, 02:10 PM
no one can tell you where to put the tweeters, you need to experiment where they sound the best to you. I'd start off first by placing the tweet in different spots on the door with some tape 6" away from the mid. Try the kicks and reflecting on the glass as well. I personally like my tweets in the kicks but who knows you may have different taste.

pboulos
12-03-2006, 02:13 PM
will you sell the jbl's, if so- how much shipped to 32128?

AVSTANG02
12-03-2006, 02:56 PM
will you sell the jbl's, if so- how much shipped to 32128?

Let me go see if I can fit the mid in my door.

I want to put the tweeter in the door down by the mid but the tweeter will be a pain in the *** when I want to take the door apart or put it together..

Also the crossover has a setting for the tweeter 0 -3 or -6 ? What is the most common setting?

One last question. What do I set the crossover on my amp? do I just set it to all pass now cause the components have their own crossover? or is the crossover just for the tweeter?

2kchevy06civic
12-03-2006, 04:15 PM
the tweeter setting is just so you can attenuate the tweeter if it's to loud in the spot you place it in. You can try and tame it that way.

acold7dusta
12-03-2006, 05:04 PM
you still have to high pass it, the cross over only seperates the frequencies from the mid and tweeter. ill say start with 80 hz, and adjust it from there

AVSTANG02
12-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys!!

I decided to put the tweeters down by the mid.

cut a hole in the door panel.. super clean with the included swivel bezel.

What about the baffle? do mid bass speakers need the protective baffle thing? its like a cup the speaker sits into? it has holes you can cut out to let more air into the baffle? wtf?? sounds like trouble to me?